Any good 939 mobos on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like I need a new mobo to replace my DFI nf4 Lanparty Ultra-D. I run an opty 165 with a pretty hefty OC (about 2.7ghz from 1.8) so I'm hoping to find something that can OC reasonably well. Need it to have PCI-E as well. I've been scouring the net for the last couple hours and it doesn't seem like there are many 939 boards on the market any more. Some older sockets still have more products available... what a sad fate 939 suffered. Right now I'm leaning towards the Biostar NF4 Ultra-A9A. Can't find much info about it though (positive or negative). I'm steering away from the Foxcon on newegg after reading the many bad reviews of it.

Any suggestions?

If you can find an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe, that would be very nice. Those were the most popular and pretty much the best 939 boards out there. Basically any version of the ASUS A8N series would do spectacularly. nForce4 was a great chipset, and ASUS did a great job with its motherboards based upon it.

No luck finding that board. Like I said, I've scoured the net *relatively* thoroughly and am fairly competent and came up with very few boards. 1/3 of those are AGP, another 1/3 that seem to be crap. Most sites only have about two to three 939 boards so you can see what I'm up against. I'm looking for a hot tip here :).

This is an excellent one, featuring the aforementioned nForce 4 northbridge. It's of pretty good quality and is identical to the vanilla A8N board.

I agree with Rage. That MSI board is an excellent one. Unfortunately, it is out of stock at Zipzoomfly but if you can find one elsewhere seriously consider it.

ebay's your best bet for a 939 PCI-e board. i've been looking for a 939 AGP n cant find anything BUT the PCI-e ones. there's also several on amazon.com. just search for '939'

eBay does have quite a few potential boards on it. However, $250 shipped for an obsolete motherboard is not something I have the cash flow to do. The other problem with the boards on eBay is a lot of them are "Like new" which to me says "used." Don't care to put myself in that situation either.

The MSI that's out of stock is the story of this search. Most 939 boards at most retailers are out of stock, presumably because they've stopped ordering them. I can't imagine it's just one giant coincidence. Even some of the ones that say in stock turned out to be out of stock :(.

I settled on the Biostar NF4 Ultra-A9A for $50 from geeks.com. I've read that it's a relatively solid board but that it doesn't overclock particularly well. In light of the new 8800GT I purchased in this debacle, I think I'll be pleased with the overall result.

New Guy

Hello,
I am the new guy. I have been reading the post mainly concerning 939 mobos', which I too refuse to let go. I am running an old DFI SLI/ with a 165 Opty, Corsair extreme ddr. I am not a big gamer so what I have is okay with me; it meets my needs. I wish I could of talked to Mr.Biggs before his purchase of his new BioStar. I have a brand new DFI 939 NF4 SLI-D unopened in my closet, which I am going to let go reasonably. My backup computer is a 939 DFI and I have a Asus, and two other DFI 939s' in my closet which are tested and awaiting on me.
Being an old retired veteran and a grandfather, I had the opportunity to build my four year old grandson his first AMD for Christmas. I am amazed at the speed he is learning to browse the net alone, and also while jamming with kid games.Enclosing, I would like to say that I enjoy reading the post very much and I have learned a lot from you young guys.

Later
LML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back