Any good for oblivion?

By TaipanSK8
Apr 30, 2006
  1. I am a bit of a noob with PC's, but i was wondering if my system (just got more RAM and new graphics card) will handle oblivion on medium settings with playable frame rates. Anyways, heres my specs:

ASUS P4C800 Motherboard
    P4 3.00ghz
    Nvidia geforce 6600gt 256mb AGP
    1.50gb ram (2x256mb + 1x1gb)

If i missed out anything else needed, just let me know. I was also confused as to why some of my games (brothers in arms:earned in blood, farcry etc) have noticeable improvements, but battlefield 2 lags a lot, even on medium settings with only 32 guys? I have that 128 bot modifier in use, so maybe thats faulty.

Any ideas would be good, cheers...
  2. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

That system is ok. I would recomend putting a bit more into the video card however. Maybe the x800 series, they are pretty close in price and will outpreform the 6600GT by a long shot. I know that oblivion can run a-ok on a 3.0ghz p4, despite what people may say.

And BF2 is just a laggy game.
  3. Finchy

Finchy TS Rookie Posts: 353

I'm running Oblivion on an Athlon xp 2400, 768mb PC2100 RAM and a Radeon 9800Pro, that PC should run oblivion fine, though you may need to turn down the visual effects.
  4. s3xynanigoat

s3xynanigoat TS Rookie Posts: 94

I'm running it on a Prescott 3.0 socket 478 motherboard, 128mb 9800 pro,
    2 gigs corsair XMS, 37gb Raptor(s) in raid 0.

My settings are all on medium. I've had zero problems with this game so far. I have not patched the game or patched any of my hardware specifically for it. My system seems to be working great. Oblivion worked right out of the box.
  5. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 766

I have all my settings on high for bf2 but, I don't lag although I do have I do have quality parts.

(Gunnary Sargent Almost at the next rank)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.