Any Good Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatman05

Hey, guys. I'm trying to find some new PC games to play. I'm getting kinda tired of Sonic Heroes/C&C Generals/Sims 2, and I need something different to play. What do you recommend? I would like it if you make recommendations from games in 2005 and earlier (I ain't got no money to be makin a betta compoota)...

Halo -for the online play, less little kids playing than on xbox.

Starcraft -again because it has amazing online play, imo. may take some time to get into, and online gameplay will change drastically, but definatly a game to play with others.

Diablo 2 -Great rpg, only play if you like rpg's tho.

well theres a few off the top of my head, i would say wow.. but im not sure if ur comp can handle it and its got a monthly fee.
Have luck with ur quest to end your bordum :D

I personally think Halo is kind of crap, the computer aims for you ( I know there is a option to turn it off but still, why even have that option for a online game? )

If you're playing consoles I would suggest the Metal Gear Solid series, it's the best series for PS2 :D

Starcraft is cool, there is a new one coming out in a few months or so and it's going to be really cool!

Diablo 2 has too many cheaters :haha:

World of Warcraft is only fun on private servers because it's free :D

Half-life 1, 2, episode 1, episode 2 ( coming out soon ) are THE best computer games ever made.

Counterstrike ( 1.6, CZ, Source they are all good ) for computer is really fun FPS.

Company of Heros is a really really fun RTS game made by Relic, it's fun online but the single player is sort of short but the Skrimishes will last forever so it's non stop fun :D

Also The Elderscrolls Series ( Morrowind and Oblivion + all the expansion packs ) have alot of gameplay, I played Oblivion for total of around 350+ hours on my Battle mage :)

-TPX

dont forget he said he didnt wanna upgrade his comp.
I meant halo for the comp, and that one doesnt aim for u unless you have an aimbot (which is fun <_< )
starcraft 2 will be awesome, cant wait!
diablo 2 has cheaters... kinda? there are like 2 ways to play online with it, one with chars from your offline games, and then one strictly online, you cant cheat that i know of online.

wow is lame on private servers cause it gets so boring, you have to play with other people, thats the new thing :p lol

I should have figured people would pick the mainstream games...do you guys know of any obscure games that never quite hit it off with the crowd but could be fun? I've already played Deus Ex...

Well technically the games you said you played

C&C Generals/Sims 2

Are pretty main streamed Greatman :D

There is a really fun game I played called Katamari, I don't think they have it in US stores ( last time I checked ) I got mine on the internet :)

katamari is on the ps2... if thats the one ur talking about then it is released in the US and it made a ton o cash, great game. they got another one out now :D

I wonder if Hitman series is mainstream, but I loved it.

I'd recommend Starcraft as well, I reckon for a game to last for so long, there must be something good about it. They've celebrated their 10th anniversary already if I'm right.

These days, I just get so much fun playing Spider Solitaire. You should try it too.

Wow...so, obscure games are hard to come by...I'ma try Half-Life (upgraded, of course, with the HD pack), see where that takes me...I've tried Serious Sam, but that gets REALLY boring after a short period of time...Renegade was much better to me (maybe because of the conn. to RA2/C&C)...

Space Rangers 2. I think you can only get it from the internet. I played it once and it consumed me for 3 months. Extremely addicting, and nobody's ever heard of it.

Well... I think Maximum PC or PC Gamer did an article on it a little over a year ago, but I'm not sure. Either way, you never hear anyone saying "Man, you gotta get this game! Everyone's playing it, and it's awesome!"

Yeah greatman, the original Half-life is having a new mod come out called Black Mesa, it basically replaces all the textures / models with Half-life 2 stylish stuff so it will look awesome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back