Any M2N-SLI Deluxe users out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aolish

Was wondering if anyone else has the M2N-SLI Deluxe, if so what is the highest processor I can install on this mobo with a bios version 0404. With ram prices at all time lows right now I'm thinking about upgrading my processor at the same time. I would like to get something like a X2 5000+ but I wanna know first if a M2N-SLI DLX can take that on a bios 0404.

I have an M2N32-SLI-Deluxe Wireless Edition, which is no different to the M2N32-SLI-Deluxe, except with this antenna i can use to connect to other computers wire free. I also have a AMD AM2 X2 5000+ and it rocks :)

Are you talking about the M2N32-SLI, or just the M2N-SLI. Is it an 939 socket or AM2. If its an AM2, than you are pretty much future proof, you can even upgrade to Barcelona with the AM2 socket later this year. But if you on a 939, than I guess you can go anywhere from an X2 3600+ to a X2 6000+

I'm just talking about the M2N-SLI Deluxe thats it.... its an am2 socket. Wow i can go that far on a bios 0404? All the way up to a 6000+? :eek:

I don't see why not, if your got an AM2 socket than i would recommend a cheaper CPU than a 6000+, perhaps a 5000+ like me, or a 4800+, they both a fairly cheap now and offer much the same performance.

If you get a cheaper one now, you could use the extra money you save towards saving up for an AMD Phenom (next generation AMD CPU). Also known as Barcelona, it will fit in a AM2 socket, with a BIOS update, and will offer performance far greater than even the 6000+, and probably be cheaper too. Barcelona is also a quadcore.

Yes it does. The AM2 board is nothing more than the 940 pin socket. I put the M2N32 SLI Deluxe board in my system about 2 months ago because I wasn't satisfied with the EVGA 590 SLI. Too many problems with the networking hardware with that board. I'm running an AMD AM2 5200+ X2 processor and use the utility to upgrade software and bios. Haven't had a problem. The utility makes it a lot easier than the days of flashing the bios through DOS.

okay i gave the utility a whirl. For some reason no matter what ftp site i pick, the utility only downloads updates 0307 (which is lower then the one i have now) and 0609. According to asus's website 1203 is the latest one. Anyone have a clue why the utility is only giving me 0609?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back