ANY possible way to overclock on the 915GEV boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleventeen

Hi, this question has probably been asked many times before and may be a nuisance to answer, but is there any way to overclock your CPU on the 915GEV board? Im running on a 3.0ghz processor with HT and been browsing around the web and saw that you could do it but only 10% the default frequency, but apparently in my BIOS thats not even an option. I know that Asus and some other motherboard brands have gotten around this, but i dont have enough to change to another motherboard. I always made sure that my jumper was on configuration and all the overclocking options in the BIOS was enabled, but still no luck. So this leads me to my question, is there any way to do this, perhaps they make a program that overclocks it in Windows( Ive tried some of them like FSBLite or whatever it was called but found out it could only be used on the older mobos), or maybe theres a hidden feature that you can reveal in the bios that lets you do it? Please help. Thanks.

If thats an intel original motherboard you can not overclock it, Intel locks that feature, you will need to get a new motherboard from a different manufacturer if you want to overclock. :wave:

That 10% line seems hard to exceed.

I like this mag/website, these guys test and review a ton of combinations and they explain how they get their results.you might find some pointers on how to max the hardware you have without spending $

www.computerpoweruser.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back