Any programmers in the house? URGENT!!! PLZ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xp0gam3r

I realli would appreciate it if someone would help me with the issue below:

I created a button and i want it to do a function. This function is, OnClick, I want it to enter "^-" in a text box i created "MaskedTextBox1".

What could should I enter and where in this code below which is the buttons code:

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

End Sub

p.s. I am using Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition

Please Help

I'm not going to spoonfeed you, but if you just bothered to look up the MaskedTestBox class, you'd see there there is a property called "Text" inside. (Duh!)

If you don't know what to do with that, then you should really take a more systematic approach to programming and read some tutorials/manuals first.

It's boring seeing the same question repeated in more than 1 post, it is also bad forum-manners!
If no-one knows the answer, no-one will reply to your post, it's that simple!

I would advise to read the manual or go to the M$-site.

dude....i need it urgent the code..... its for my project, i did all the programmin bits n stuff, but thn got stuck on this...

I just need some1 to tell me the code to that plz!!!!!

If you are unable to learn how to do this basic thing, then you really deserve to fail your project..

Before deciding to use VB in your project, you should have thought about whether your coding skills were up for the job.

The answer is in the manual... almost any manual or text... sounds like you are in a class... the answer is in the book(s) you are assigned.

Class projects are NOT about specific lines of code, but rather
can you do the research to find the right things to do!
no matter how many classes you take or degrees you get, the on-the-job
requirement is GET THE JOB DONE -- that will mean reading the object class definitions, man pages, and working it out.

get use to it or change your major :(

ive been researchin for a week now....n the only reason i posted comments on this website is bcoz I DIDNT FIND THE ANSWER!!!!! i hav no manual to read from....i tried searchin via the help on VB2005 but all results wer Irrelevant!!!!!!! i wna LEARN hw to do it....so plz....i need help!!!

Nodsu said:
If you are unable to learn how to do this basic thing, then you really deserve to fail your project..

Dude...if u no hw to do it....i will APPRECIATE it if u can teach me how plz!!!!

Nodsu said:
I'm not going to spoonfeed you, but if you just bothered to look up the MaskedTestBox class, you'd see there there is a property called "Text" inside. (Duh!)

If you don't know what to do with that, then you should really take a more systematic approach to programming and read some tutorials/manuals first.

dude....du even no wt my question is???

raybay said:
The answer is in the manual... almost any manual or text... sounds like you are in a class... the answer is in the book(s) you are assigned.

That is the problem...i hav no manual or BOOK, this ws a free choice project, and I realli like programmin, and I did my project as planned, but i wanted to extend it by adding this feature, n I cnt, coz i dno hw altho i searched everywer for the answer, but didnt find it!!

FYI: this is a discussion FORUM, not a conversation via cell phone!
Even Visual Basic is more readable than the cryptic stuff you put in your messages.
And doubting Nodsu is one of the dumbest things you can do on TechSpot.
As said before, get a manual or buy a book on VB, helpfiles are not going to give you the answer.

I hav just found out hw to paste any text i want, but hw to copy it frm a different text box is my problem....plz help!

Say your button is button1. So double-click on the button in the form designer thingy so that it takes you to the private sub for the button's click event. Enter this code between the "Private Sub..." and "End Sub" lines:

maskedtextbox1.text="^-"

Cheers :)

Thnx!!

kitty500cat said:
Say your button is button1. So double-click on the button in the form designer thingy so that it takes you to the private sub for the button's click event. Enter this code between the "Private Sub..." and "End Sub" lines:

maskedtextbox1.text="^-"

Cheers :)

Thnx alot dude...i realli appreciate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back