Any source game 'locks up' while playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue as to why this happens. But when im playing any source game, i average around 30-60 fps. At random points while playing the game will lock up, causing the frame to freeze and the sound to repeat itself over and over. This happens with no other games like F.E.A.R, Joint Ops, Or any other game. SO far, its happened in DoD:S and CS:S. I have updated drivers (not betas) and i have no spyware i believe. (usually it olny get up to about 22-24 processes. I start the computer with 17.) Ive cleaned out dust from the fans and heatsink, and have a good power supply. Anyone got ANY IDEA AT ALL!!! to why this happens please help!! my specs are:

Windows XP SP2
1 GB RAM
AMD Athlon 2600 getting 1.91 Ghz
Geforce 6200 128 Vid RAM

EDIT: one interesting tidbit: the lockups rarely happen on the map CS_office.

I have a cable connection from charter. Right now the settings are on 800x600 with high everything but shadows and AA x2 instead of 1028 with medium models and no aa or shadows.

Try this...

Right click one of your source game icons and open up properties>shortcut and in the target bar, add(considering you're using dx9.0) -dxlevel 8.1 or any other directX version. If you don't get the desired results, just take it off.

Hope it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back