Any tweaks for improving ie7 speed and performance??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyhkuj

Hello. I need some tweaks for improving the speed and performance of ie7. It is REALLY slow. thanx

IE is naturally a bit slow, but you could try clearing out your temp files and the cache, although it will probably have to load images again the first time you visit a page.

What is your connection speed do you have? This obviously makes a difference too ;)

Try Firefox if it comes to it, it's quicker (I did a side-by-side test once) and you can get extensions to make it faster as well, plus if you really know what you're doing you can tweak it yourself.

kiyhkuj said:
Hello. I need some tweaks for improving the speed and performance of ie7. It is REALLY slow. thanx

That's easy,

1 set disk space cache to 50

Then look at these pictures... click on image to make it bigger..

What you see are:

DrTCP TCP Optimzer one of the freeware TCP programs are not longer available but I have it here:

Tipstir Network Tweaks - password protected (2007)
http://files.filefront.com/Tipstir+n.../fileinfo.html

1. Open Tools > Internet Options, click the 'Advanced' tab, and uncheck the
'Enable third-party browser extensions.' Click 'OK', and then close and re-open
Internet Explorer. This disables all 3rd party browser extensions from loading
inside IE, and may resolve the issue
2. Open Tools > Manage Add-ons (IE6) or Tools > Manage Add-ons > Enable or
Disable Add-ons (IE7) to provide you with a window where you can selectively
enable or disable loaded controls inside IE (via the 'Enable' and 'Disable' buttons
in the bottom of the window) to narrow down which could be causing the issue
3. Run msconfig to disable all non-critical non-Microsoft startup items and
non-Microsoft services (reboot required) to see if a startup item or service could
be causing the issue as well

Well a good way would be to not use IE7 use FireFox, Opera, or even Safari. Firefox is so much faster than IE7 especially with the FasterFox addon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back