Any way to make the 'Status bar' display by default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNGX1275

In IE6 sometimes the status bar down at the bottom of the page is displayed and sometimes not, I think this occuring somehow has to do with me typing in an internet address or going to favorites from within the windows explorer window rather than opening up IE to do this, but I'm not sure.
To make the status bar display I have to go to the view menu and check "Status Bar" to make it show up. My question is Does anyone know of a way to make this checked by default, maybe a registry setting or something?

Hey SNGX1275,

Mabee your hitting the wrong set of keys ?

Mine is there and always has been. I have never lost it on my screen.

erm, yes i think there is.

remember that, in a sense, ie and windows explorer are the same???

open windows explorer, not ie!

okay, hit view and make sure that status bar is ticked, so that it appears...

now to into tools, folder options, view.

click the button that says "apply to all folders."

i think that this fixes your problem....

Originally posted by Phantasm66
erm, yes i think there is.

remember that, in a sense, ie and windows explorer are the same???

open windows explorer, not ie!

okay, hit view and make sure that status bar is ticked, so that it appears...

now to into tools, folder options, view.

click the button that says "apply to all folders."

i think that this fixes your problem....
That appears to have worked. Thanks.

the same thing happens to mine, and as a i was reading through the active threads i happened to ask my self 'is there a way to make my status bar stay there, where did it go?' when i came upon your post. haha Maybe we're just lucky? mine goes on and off as it wishes. Ive tried to find trends, like clicking the X or going to FILE>CLOSE or rightclicking on the taskbar and clicking close. I dont remember seeing a pattern there...

Thanks a lot. I've been wondering for a while how to make that bloody bar stay put. Today I decided to make a search in Google and your thread came up. It works. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back