Any Xbox users out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svtcobra

Im wondering if there are any 3DS forum members that own an Xbox..I have one and it is awesome. There are alot of games out there and for the most part they are of decent quality. Im just trying to get a gauge it if it worth posting game reviews and and general Xbox news.

I buy alot of new games and wouldnt mind reviewing them here as long as people are interested.

Seems like the XboX isn't really enjoying a big success outside the US. Sales in Japan are slowing down while in Europe they never really took off ( Allthough it's still early ). I don't have one but then again I'm not really into consoles anymore ( besides my GBA, but that doesn't really count, does it ? ;) ).

Yeah, the Xbox is definately a US console. It is very popular here. It seemed to be big in Japan during the launch but I havent heard much of it since..

Well, see what people say.

Saw this on Bloomberg.com:
"Microsoft's Japan, Europe Xbox Sales Fall Short, Analysts Say"
2002/03/27

Microsoft Corp. is selling fewer Xbox game consoles than expected in the Japanese and European markets, sparking speculation that the world's biggest software maker may have to cut prices on the money-losing product, analysts said.

Here in Sweden the console is priced appr. $500, compared to $300 in US. I think it's just too much for the casual gamer/avarage family.

I have an XBox - don't really play it - ever. Prolly played it 5 or 6 times ever. It just adds to my collection. I've played my GameCube more (by a bit) and of course I've played the mess out of my PS2.

LNCPapa

console sales are very dependant on the games on it. if famous games are announced to be released on it, then the sales shoot up.
i remembered the PS sales in japan was just so so at frist, but when FFVII was announced to be released on it, the sales sky rocketed. not to mention the day FFVII was released...
i won't be too surprised if XBOX is american based, since Microsoft is.
and similarly, the PS is japan based. plus, it has the FF series on it, one of japan's most favorite series.
nintendo, itself has the classic Mario, Zelda and the latest Pokemon series as their flagship too.
XBOX needs sth like that.
the PS2 has tons of games developed in japanese too, and that helps cause it's more fun to play games in your native language.
i think XBOX needs some more time to gain sales worldwide, BIG NAME games would help.
i read that japan isn't the country with the most PC users anyway, so i guess MS hasn't take over the country yet :p

I think that the second generation games coming out for the Xbox will definately help its sales numbers. The initial release titles were nothing more than PS2 ports (with the exception of Halo). Now there are some awesome games starting to trickle out that are XBOX only and they are helping the console pick up the pace in the sales category..

I purchased an XBOX last week, and my god its good. So far i have Halo and it looks incredible (for a console that is).

Originally posted by Xerak
I purchased an XBOX last week, and my god its good. So far i have Halo and it looks incredible (for a console that is).

Xerak, you have to get Rallisport Challenge..It is by the far the most realistic racing game I have ever played. It is Rally racing so you need to learn how to powerslide and race on ice..

It is a very fun game.

Also, I just bought Gunvalkyrie and at first I was very displeased with it, but after a couple hours last night, the game is awesome. You just need to get a good handle on the controls. They are what makes the game.

I see you have the Cube, Goomba...very nice. A friend of mine had a Cube but there wasnt enough games released for it so he sold it to get the Xbox.

That Super Smash Brothers Melee (?) game is really cool. Thats all I really tried on the Cube. Oh, and courtside basketball. That was very good as well.

I don't have it...
I've preordered it, getting it may 3rd!

Smash looks cool, but I think the Pokemons detstroying it!
SSX Tricky is good(the only game I've played on the cube...), though!:D

I miss read your post..I thought you had a Cube and you were preordering the Xbox.

Well, the only problem with the Cube is the game library is so small. There is only a handful of games available.

20+ on the launch in Europe!!

I think that's enough.
When the PS2 launched in Norway I didn't see a single game for over a week(maybe two...)..

What about Pikmin? I heard that was actually pretty good. And Rogue Leader II. All Gamecube, of course.

If I had the money, I'd probably buy an Xbox, just because of Halo (for the PC next time...) and all the other fabalishious games out there for it. I think Micro$oft handled it very well, considering they had zero experience in console land before it. Kudos to them :grinthumb

As for the Playstation 2, Dreamcast or Gamecube I don't see why not, all 3 are excellent systems. Why I side with the Xbox, I just see better games and a better future for it. Plus the DVD playing ability, which the PS2 needs a special 20$ remote for...ugh...and the GC which everyone knows plays those really mini-discs, and has no DVD capacity outside of that Philips (CD-i? :confused: )thingamagigger.

Oh well, everyone has their preference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back