Anybody know a good video converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

papercut_2008

I frequently find myself trying to convert video files, (VOB, DivX, and MPEG4 to name a few) to other file types. Trouble is, I havn't been able to find a good all-around free conversion program. I am also trying to find a free program to convert a few hundred m4a files to mp3. Anybody know of any?

Best one I use for AVI (Divx Xvid to MPG4) WMV or reverse is:

Blaze Media Pro
HPQ
Fast

It's not free though..

Try videohelp.com and search for the free ones, I've tried a lot and they crash to many times.

Another one that is good is Mainconcepts from Germany MPEG Encoder for AVI to MPEG1 or MPEG2, you can do batch processing it's easy to do. This would join two AVI to one AVI. Or you can do two MPEG1 to one MPEG2.

D.I.K.O is free but takes time to convert a AVI (D/X) to MPEG2, ISO, Burn to DVD all in one process. It could crash also. The GOLD Version is what they use on the internet to make KVCD versions.

On VOB I use to use TMPEG DVD Author not free though..

m4a are usually protected watch out here no no on pirated music and software info.
I have no experiance with these audio files
I use mainconcept for video and nero 7.1.14
I don't think any one program does it all with ease

GX Transcoder is a free "universal" multimedia format converter.

Mind you, you still need the relevant codecs (the encoding versions even) installed to convert from everything to everything.

My brother (professional computer software designer) recommends PQ DVD software at www.pqdvd.com. We purchased vault 360 and we cannot get it to work around the encoding. We are going to get PQ. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back