TechSpot

Anybody know the power requirements of a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband WRT54GS Router?

By Erlehacker
Apr 20, 2006
  1. Like the title says, "Does anybody know the exact power requirements of a Linksys Wireless-G 802.11g Broadband WRT54GS Router with Speedbooster? My elder borther is letting me use on of these but lost the power converter so he could not give me it. If anybody knows please tell me so I can get a hold of a replacement. Thanks, Erlehacker

2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

Input Voltage: 12 V Dc Device - Input Current: 1.0 As HERE Not necessarily that particular one.

3. FlipTech

FlipTech TS Rookie

Power Needs

Most linksys routers have the same power requirements. For your specific needs this is the information you requested:

Input: 120VAC, 60Hz, 23W

Output: 12VDC, 1000mA

It is a plugin type Class2 Transformer. So get to radioshack and buy something that will give you 12 VDC.

-
    FT

4. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

POST REMOVED

5. Erlehacker

Erlehacker TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

Thanks Peddant, FlipTech, that was exactly what I needed. Now I can get busy actually finding a converter

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.