Anyone BACKUP to online sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitnlit

I am very interested in backing up to an online site, but have done SOME research and SOME seem very reasonably priced and some seem outrageously priced. Carbonite seems the best for the money but I heard you can't retrieve your email. The reason I'd like to backup to an online site is I'm on the road a lot and it would be nice to log on from any system and access my files.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a LOT of info I would need backed up.
Maryann

We connect our clients to a number of such sites... there are at least 125. They work reliably, but their prices keep going up after they have the client hooked. We have no known failures with them.

Does this make any sense....

Between these what these places are charging and what they're keeping for you, to me at least, buying an external HDD and unhooking it when you're not using it, then putting it in a safe place when it's full makes a bunch more sense.

I'm looking for something that does it automatically though. Is there a program that will back it up to an external hard drive for me? I need my email too from Outlook express.
Maryann

Personally, I always recommend backing up to an external or secondary hard disk. I can really see no reason backing up to an external site unless you travel a lot.

I, personally, would be worried about security of my data with an external web site. No matter how good they are, etc., someone will eventually hack them. Now, if the data that you are storing on there is 'boring' and of no interest to anyone else, then it would likely not be a problem; however, if you are backing up financial or any kind of sensitive data...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back