Anyone else had NO problems with Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

I've had Vista for some time as my main OS, and I haven't had a single problem with it, not even with game performance. It's never done anything weird or crashed or any of that. It seems to be running great, and pretty much all my previous arguments about it's ****ty-ness have evaporated ;)

Anyone else have this same kind of thing going on?

I have nad no problems with Vista home premium on my home built pc. runs as good as xp if not better.. had no crashes. oblivion a wee bit sluggish but i think thats my CPU.
Cheers
Allan

Yes same here really. I run Vista Ultimate as my main OS, I still got a partition with Windows XP which I have kept in case of any issues.
But none so far, I play Battlefield 2 competitively and I have had no issues at all with Vista.

UAC was driving me mad initially but after switching it to silent mode I have to say that I prefer it over XP

I had a networking issue with OS X 10.3.9 that was fixed with a registry edit.

I also had explorer.exe crash on me once, but I'm sure that wasn't really Vista's fault and rather some confusion about the network after installing the RC1 of Windows Home Server on another PC (requires client software on each PC) when the WHS computer wasn't avaiable (reboot). Once explorer.exe came back up everything was fine and I still haven't rebooted since (about 2-3 weeks ago).

Hmmm....

I've had no problems with Vista. I've never installed it, so I guess my opinion doesn't actually count.

captaincranky said:
I've had no problems with Vista. I've never installed it, so I guess my opinion doesn't actually count.

Then why post a reply? lol

I have not had any issues with Vista either. Pretty much everything I have done with Vista has went off without a hitch. Except for the Zune and PSP softwares, I am happy with it.

Yeah, I was really surprised, but as long as someone has a rather large hard drive, I think I can recommend Vista now. It's improved a LOT since the RC2 that I beta-tested.

I tested the Rc1 beta and hated it. It was horrible, i couldn't even turn off my computer w/o using the power switch. Then i needed to Format and reinstall windows, and i randomly got a copy of vista premium in the mail, so i decided to try it out again. So for about 2 months i have been using it, and loving it. I have had no problems..only a small issue with media not playing when leaving my computer on for a while. Besides that..flawless. Although my opinion shouldn't really count because all i do now days is browse the web really. Not much gaming or intensive programs anymore.

i am running vista ultimate for about 4 months now and i must admit it was s**t to start with because there were no vista compatible drivers, but it runs great never had any problems except for the drivers thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back