TechSpot

Anyone else had problems with win7 & 10 forum?

By VsUK
Jan 1, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. I've been a member of sevenforums.com for years & had a high post count, good ratings & everything & then I registered to windows 10 as I just upgraded it on one of my laptops. Anyways I asked for help on the windows 10 forum basically to remove features of windows 10 which were horrible, which I am sure you will all know what they are & I got banned with a reason, we don't support modifying or illegal use of windows. I mean it a general question with a legitimate install.

That was about 4 weeks ago & then I posted a question on windows 7 forum regarding a hardware problem as it had the section for it, basically my laptop fan refused to power up even though it was working, tested & power coming from the pins itself. Anyway I logged in just before new years & I got this message!

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Reporting site emails as Spam

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

I mean how unjust can you get? My email settings haven't changed one but & the only link to both forums is my IP & my username as is the same here VsUK.
    I even posted on their facebook page & then poof gone, unable to post anything anymore!

I don't know whats going on but it seems anyone with technical knowledge of hardware gets removed because on the thread I was talking about hardware, someone orange which was high up the pecking order suggested I take it into PC world for them to have a look & I kindly reminded him I was a qualified hardware/software engineer & didn't need to pay for beginners that google how to do stuff to have a look which PC world basically do.

Apparently not agreeing with someone high up gets you banned!

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,336   +622

Sorry to hear, sad but true.

object here is to get a new public ip from your ISP, not the existing Reserved Addr:

• find your true, public IP address (future ref)
    • disconnect your modem from the ISP
    • STAY OFF for at least two days
    • reconnect and verify you have a new public IP
    now abandon the site login and create a new one (consider using a disposable gmail or yahoo account)

3. VsUK

VsUK TS Rookie Topic Starter

I don't think I'm going to bother to be honest with you. There's perfectly good alternatives around like here if & when I need help or can provide help. Don't really want to be a part of someone's forum who goes around banning people for petty or no reasons what so ever! No warnings just out of the blue! What they don't know is I often write in to one of the UK's leading computer magazine called Web User & they often publish my info I send in like suggestions, opinions & advice. Think I'm going to write one up regarding the forum at some point!

Anyways, why would anyone want anything to do with a service that goes as far as IP banning you? That would be an extreme case of punishment in my opinion & very odd when used for no reason as marking emails as spam because I know the sender won't ever know all their emails go into my junk mail folder!

4. KlavsPrieditis

KlavsPrieditis TS Enthusiast Posts: 28

Hm.. Never heard about such issues before. It`s a madness. Think that these bans were made automatically, so try to write to support (not but they answer you, but the probability exists). Write then about your results..