anyone else having this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xain

Lately for some reason i have been having this problem where when im playing return to castle wolfenstein: enemy territory, i would get connection interrupted then disconnected to the main menu when i always had a very good connection on the server i play on. Also lately with my AIM instant messenger service its been locking up.

if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

there is another thing i would like to know how to do, i tried to install a printer and had to download the drive, but the printer didnt work and i wanna delete the drive, how do i do that?

thanks much for the time

Have you run traceroutes during these problematic times to see if there's a packet logjam?

Have you removed and reinstalled your network connection in windows?

When you uninstall the printer, it will take out the driver on its own. A basic cleanup utility will find the left over files.

dont know how to run traceroutes, my cpu knowledge is limited to basic stuff, how would i know if theres a pack logjam?

and i might be able to find out how to remove and reinstall the connection, but thats just done through control panel and modems right?

start->run->command ping cnn.com (etc).

start->run->command tracert cnn.com (etc).

Look for big numbers out of the ordinary of the pattern. Post the information here if you don't understand what it's telling you.

To remove the connection, it really depends on the operating system.

Have you run spybot S&D, Adaware, and a virus scanner? Those three utilities solve MANY problems that appear to be something else. They're never a bad idea, even if they may not get the actual problem. They'll solve other problems that you may not have known you had...

Hope this helps...

what do i do exactly to get that info? i tried doing run->command ping and did nothing. same with tracert, and even tried them both with the cnn.com, but they all did nothing.

go to start run type in the box ping a space than a url you want to ping
this is a switch command (/)
after this you add a letter to add to the other command
so it's ping ebay.com /t
that should leave it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back