Anyone else notice that Techspot is slow?

By MetalX
Jul 14, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. I've noticed that the Techspot forums are loading very slowly. It takes in the range of 20-30 seconds to load a page most of the time on my 10Mbps internet. it used to take about 1/2 second, but lately it has been going slow. Is the server full or the bandwidth limit reached or something?
  2. almcneil

almcneil TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,554

Yeah, I noticed a wekk ago that it was taking a long time to load a single page. Today is better but still not that fast. I'm using a 100Mbs connection.
  3. kitty500cat

kitty500cat Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,407   +6

Off-topic: You're using a 100Mbs connection? Are you sure that's not just your local network?
  4. almcneil

You are correct. My error. I'm at 6.0Mbps over the Internet, 100Mbps over intranet.
  5. kitty500cat

Nice Internet connection speed though. I think mine's supposed to be 2mbps, but it's normally somewhere around half that speed.
  6. almcneil

Well, that's what the ISP STATES as my max download speed but last I checked online, it was 273Kbps on the download, 73Kbps on the upload from a single site.
  7. kitty500cat

8. almcneil

Yep! That's the site I used! It's very nicely done!!
  9. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,525   +313

We are not having any server trouble (at least that I know of), perhaps we can get more feedback from more members around the globe? Is this happening on the forums only or the whole site for you?
  10. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,128

im not having any problems, but myspace is slow - off topic
  11. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

For me, it seems to take a lot longer for the main forum page to load than it used to, used to be very fast. It may be my imagination, but I think it may have started doing that about the same time that the stats etc. at the bottom of the page came on board. Could that have something to do with it? Everything but the main forum page loads okay for me. 10 mb connection.

12. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

I've always noticed on the status bar that the last thing to load are the ads, and they seem to take the longest of anything; don't know if this has anything to do with it though :/ .
  13. kitty500cat

The ads may be coming from a different site.
  14. almcneil

Julio,

It was quite slow about a week ago but it seems faster now. It is still a bit slower than a recall it was when I first joined.
  15. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,909

Yes, it's mainly the main page of the forums. It takes quite long to load sometimes, and it used to be instant up till about 3 weeks ago.
  16. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,525   +313

How about now? Top 5 stats are gone for testing (not that they were completely useful in the first place).
  17. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

That seems to have solved the problem, at least for me.
  18. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I never would have thought that would have been a problem.

I never noticed any differences

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.