TechSpot

Anyone found Guitar Hero III (PC) Custom Songs?

By Schmutz
Dec 3, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wow, Guitar hero 3's on PC and of course I have a copy :D :cool: (As well as 360 version)

Modding potential of PC guitar hero is crazy, if you don't know what custom soundtracks are available on PS2s GH2 try searching "Guitar Hero 2 custom soundtracks" into google/youtube and you'll hit a lot of amazing vids :)

So now its on PC, where people bust games wide open and mod them to death. I expect its only a matter of time before we see amazing custom songs converted for use in GHIII PC, and cool third party song editors. Has anyone found anything interesting yet? I'm checking now and then to see if theres any breakthroughs but haven't seen anything

GH3 PC can now be modified! With songlist_editor_v022, you must find+download a file named fsbencrypt.exe for it to work correctly. I've had no problems getting all kinds of custom songs working, and the GH1/2/80's content

FSBENCRYPT.EXE DOWNLOAD
  2. Phazex

Phazex TS Rookie

I've been searching for the same, no luck yet. There is a program called frets on fire that is kind of like guitar hero and will work with your guitar (might need drivers from microsoft). Alot of custom songs out there for it, unfortauntly its alot different than GH as the window you have to strum the note is very short and picky.

edit: people are working on it : http://www.scorehero.com/forum/view...tart=240&sid=8d9e79e1700d1317f5ffeadfb0f8cc1c
  3. Schmutz

Schmutz TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 241

thanks Phazex I'll keep an eye on that! :). As for Frets on Fire, it was great but can't be compared with real GH. For some reason when I was using these GH clones I preferred using another program "Guitar Zero" because it felt more familiar

Great to see theres other guys hunting for mods!! :D
  4. you use a 286

you use a 286 TS Rookie Posts: 112

no, never played the game
  5. Schmutz

haha... well, thanks for dropping by :wave: :rolleyes:
  6. ollz1

ollz1 TS Rookie

I've found somewhere!
  7. fenderguy2112

fenderguy2112 TS Rookie Posts: 32

hmm, frets on fire?
  8. ollz1

ollz1 TS Rookie

no, not rubbish fof, i found out how to put custom songs on to the PC version of GHIII:p
  9. Schmutz

yup GH3 PC can now be modified! With songlist_editor_v022, you must find+download a file named fsbencrypt.exe for it to work correctly. I've had no problems getting all kinds of custom songs working, and the GH1/2/80's content
  10. Meskell

Meskell TS Rookie

hey would you be able to tell me where to download the fsbencrypt.exe file please?

Ive searched everywhere i can think of but cant find it
  11. Schmutz

when I found the file first there was little hassle and I thought nothing of it and now I try to find it again I can't see it anywhere LOL! So I've uploaded it myself for anyone interested

http://www.2shared.com/file/2706871/b24cb683/fsbencrypt.html Hope this works I used the first upload site I could find on google if there are any problems I'll try another one

12. Meskell

Meskell TS Rookie

thanks a lot im looking forward to all my gh2 songs on gh3 :D

before i got gh3 i downloaded all the gh1 & 2 songs for fof and i turns out that they're compatible with the songlist editor so im very happy lol
  13. Schmutz

nice. I have GH2 on xb anyway but its good to try some of the GH80's tracks and relive all the GH1 glory (bark at the moon!) again

When you're going for custom songs you should watch some on youtube to see what they're like. I don't know what level you like to play at but theres songs out there considerably harder than GH2's Jordan (search Black widow of la porte - john5) - crazy song!
  14. aleeproject

aleeproject TS Rookie

Hey there,

So I found the songlist editor as described above, and when it asked me to put in Song track, it keeps saying Unhandled Exception!

HELP!
  15. prowler09

prowler09 TS Rookie

my guitar broke :(
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.