Anyone got any CPU good offer?

By henrychieng
Mar 10, 2002
  1. Anyone can source Amd CPU at a very good price?

I saw another forum of mine, they is this guy selling an Amd XP1500 for S$130 or approx USD$73. Super cheap but i think it's sold out :(

Any of u guys got cheaper alternate source of! Pls share! Thx n cheers!

P.s: if u can't put here then, at least email/pm me! Cheers n thx again!
  2. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 980

:wave:Newcomer Welcome & Hello:wave:

3DS does not have a method for individuals to sell on this forum.
    I would suggest
    & buying from a reputable vendor that ships internationally

AthlonXP 1500+ (1.33GHZ, 256KB, 266Mhz, Socket A) - OEM $107.00

Sharky's Extreme also has weekly cpu prices, verifying that 3DSPriceGrabber is valid & reasonable.
  3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

For second hand parts or things of the sort, it's better to look at a local site rather then an international one.
  4. henrychieng

henrychieng TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

5. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Posts: 1,006

You can always check E-bay. However, if you do not have a local store close, I would suggest buying a box set, you may pay a bit more but you get the comfort of a 3 year warrenty direct from AMD. Plus with a box set the HSF is included.
  6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,587   +278

A site I regularly refer to is as they have daily offers and sometimes you can pick up a real bargain. Saying that, its a UK site so its of no use to anyone outside the UK :(
    Just thought I would post to make the point that some sites have "specials" and you might find a cheap deal on one of those types of site
  7. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 664

8. lokem

lokem TS Rookie Posts: 672

Since you're in Singapore, there's this site that publish the price list from the shops in Sim Lim Square:

It's quite a comprehensive list. Hope you'll find yer stuff there.
  9. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 761

Your best buy right now is an AMD XP 1500 or 1600 processor. You cant beat the power and capabilities you get for 100-150.00.
  10. lokem

Let's do some calculations based on the pricelist from Hardwarezone (Singapore dollar):

AXP 1500 : 1330Mhz / $225 = 5.91Mhz/dollar
    AXP 1600 : 1400Mhz / $230 = 6.08Mhz/dollar
    AXP 1700 : 1467Mhz / $249 = 5.89Mhz/dollar

Guess we have a winner here... AXP1700.
  11. henrychieng

Thanks but i was looking at cheaper source! Hope to get some really cheap amd cpu! Anyway folks thx for all ur input i guess, there is no such things as really cheap! Sigh!
  12. boeingfixer

Hey henrychieng,

If they are selling for less than half the regular price, I would be very cautious about buying one. What happens if it is bad ? Can you return it, get your money back, will they stand behind their product ? If it is a private person, have they overclocked it and mabee ruined it ?? Is it a remarked CPU (I.E. FAKE )

One solution may be to buy a Duron. Here in the states you can pick up the 1 Gig for under $75 US.

If they are selling Athlons that cheap you should be able to get a Duron cheaper and spend the savings on other stuff like extra ram.

If you have a good board you could start with the Duron get some extra's and buy a faster Athlon XP later.
  13. lokem

The prices quoted are the cheapest prices published in

If you want 50% off the actual price for a CPU, I don't think that's a wise choice as stated by boeingfixer.
  14. henrychieng

Yap totally agree! Thx for the tips guys!
  15. boeingfixer

Thats what we are all here for Henry, anymore help ?? Just ask.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.