Anyone have XP drivers for HP DV6226US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My machine came loaded with Windows Vista and I absolutely HATE Vista. It's so doggone slow and not compatible with most software. I have replaced it with Windows XP but I don't have all the drivers. HP said they gave them to me but they weren't for my chipset. According to their website, the drivers are only available in Vista.

Here's what is on it:

Product Number RP297UA#ABA
Microprocessor 1.60 GHz Intel® Pentium® Dual Core processor T2060
Microprocessor Cache 1MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB
Memory 1024MB DDR2 (2 Dimm)
Video Graphics Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Video Memory Up to 256MB (shared)
Hard Drive 120GB 5400RPM (SATA)
Multimedia Drive Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
Display 15.4" WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) Display
Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem
Network Card Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
Wireless Connectivity 802.11b/g WLAN
Multimedia Features HP Imprint Finish & Integrated Microphone
Sound Altec Lansing
Keyboard 101-key compatible

2 Quick Launch Buttons (HP Quick Play Music and DVD)
Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad
PC Card Slots 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

External Ports 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
2 Headphone out - 1 w/SPDIF Digital Audio & 1 stereo
1 microphone-in
1 VGA (15-pin)
1 TV-Out (S-video)
1 RJ-11 (modem)
1 RJ -45 (LAN)
1 notebook expansion port 3
1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin)
1 Consumer IR

I am having problems with audio, modem, wireless and network....SO FAR. May be others as well. :-(

I am not 100% but as the chipset put in your machine was meant for vista-i think you may have to install the vista drivers on it-though that may not necessarily mean you will have a slow machine..the vista resources take all the power...i would certainly have a go..if not uninstall them!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...=3340165&query=dv6226us&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

You will need to install the chipset family driver first and reboot before installing the others you require..reboot after each one ..

Good luck

Thank you...found the XP drivers

Meant to get here more quickly. I found all the XP drivers for this machine and have it all running beautifully. For those who ever come across this and wonder how to install xp on a laptop that had Vista on it...just go into your bios, and disable your sata native drive.

And so everyone also knows...when trying to load the modem and audio drivers on an HP laptop, you first have to install the something "bus" can't remember the name at the moment. When you go to download the sp's make sure you read the directions, it will tell you to download a certain sp first but won't tell you WHERE on HP to find them...you have to search.

whereabout did you find the xp drivers? I have only found a select few even after searching driverguide. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Steve.

I did a search at HP, going through the computers that were similar until I found all the drivers I needed. Some were Compaq, I believe. I don't remember all the ones I used but I do have the drivers so if you contact me, we can figure out how to get them to you.

sweetamiga said:
I did a search at HP, going through the computers that were similar until I found all the drivers I needed. Some were Compaq, I believe. I don't remember all the ones I used but I do have the drivers so if you contact me, we can figure out how to get them to you.

Thank you for the quick reply as well as for the offer to help! I just contacted HP via their online chat and I believe I have all of the drivers. Below is the list I built with the help of an HP tech support. Hopefully this is helpful to someone else! If you need more help, HP's online chat is awesome!

Windows XP Drivers are as follows:

HP DV6226 ( RP297UA )

Express Card
Is configured with Intel 945GM Express card. Here is the link to download the drivers.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33889.exe

Audio
For Audio you have to install "Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture
(UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" before you installing the Actual Audio driver.

Here is the link to download the Microsoft High definition Audio.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33867.exe

After installing the Microsoft High definition Audio, install the "Conexant High Definition Audio Driver" from the below URL:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34001-34500/sp34200.exe

Modem
Here is the link to download the Modem drivers.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33890.exe

Ethernet/Lan
Download the Ethernet drivers (LAN Network) from the below URL:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33645.exe

Wireless
Here is the link to download Wireless drivers:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34001-34500/sp34152.exe

Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader
Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader Driver download from the below given URL:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33604.exe

Touchpad
Here is the link to download the drivers for touchpad

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp35001-35500/sp35444.exe</b>

HP DV6226 RP297UA Specs sheet
You can find the specifications of your Notebook at below URL:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00844913&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3340165&dlc=en&lang=en

Same as dv6234ea?

From the specs it appears that my dv6234ea is the european edition of the the dv6226us, just with different bundled software, as the specs are identical. I thought I'd write dv6234ea xp drivers for the sake of helping anyone else doing a search.

And from what I gathered, this being a "consumer" model, the manufacturer is not keen on anybody downgrading to XP, hence the lack of drivers on the HP site.

I still have one unknown device outstanding in the Hardware manager, not sure what it is.

This was under "Debug" from an Everest report

HDA Codec Unknown (14F15045h)
HDD ST9120821AS
Monitor QDS0027: Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB]
Optical MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-851S
PCI/AGP 1180-0832: OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1180-0843: Ricoh MMC Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-1092: Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-27A6: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-4222: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection [NoDB]
PnP SYN012B: Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad [NoDB]

So I am assuming HDA Codec is the outstanding problem? If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Drivers for DV6226us

I Removed my harddrive with Vista and install a new harddrive and installed XP on it . All Of Waterpicks drivers worked but the one for wireless , I used sp 37755 from HP ' s dv6000t for the wireless on my DV6226us version 7.10 . Hope this helps .

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back