Anyone help me with my mp3 player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was playing basketball I had my mp3 player in my pocket and when the ball bounced up it hit the pocket the mp3 player was in and although it didnt hit it very hard it shut off. I didnt think much of it at first because this has happened a few times before but, when I turned it on again something was really screwed up.The On/Pause button doesn't work and every button pauses the mp3 player so I cant turn the volume up or down I cant go forward or backward to a different song and the off button doesnt work so the only way I can turn it off is by taking out the battery because all these buttons just pause my mp3 player. I cant turn it on with the On/pause button but it automaticly turns on when I put in the battery.By the way the model is RCA RD1076. I can still listen to music but this is really annoying.If anybody could help I would really appriciate it.

is there a reset hole anywhere? Often things like that will have a little hole where you can stick a pen into and hold it for a few seconds and it will reset everything to factory defaults. That's what I would try...

No, I thought there would be but theres not. And theres no screws or anything so I cant take it apart to see whats wrong I'd have to like smash it open... I contacted RCA but I have to wait like a week for them to even email me back. Thanks anyway brad.

one idea

ive seen ur mp3 player and it has a seam on the top and bottom. if u can stick a screwdriver (flathead) in there and pry it open u can work on it. now there is a strong possibility it might not work again if u mess with it too much. it sounds really messed up. i would wait for rca to contact (will take a long long time) you or get a new one. im sry i cant help more but thats ur last chances.

is therew a "hold" buttion or switch on that mp3 player, if so flip the switch and see if that makes a difference

no prob steno just remember to be careful if u go inside that mp3 player. the rubber buttons on the side will fall off and are rather hard to sit back in place. just be careful.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back