Anyone here with an X800 series card??

By vegasgmc
Jun 24, 2005
  1. I just got this card(X800 Pro) and when I turn on the computer it just beeps and there is a message on the screen saying the power cable isnt connected when it is. My main system PS is an Antec Neo 430w. I also tried it in my second system with an Antec 350w. Does this card need more power???
  2. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

Well, I got an X800pro too, and you shouldn't have too much problem with the psu and system in your sig...

Have you tried another power connector?
    Maybe you should try to disconnect the tv tuner, audigy and one of the optical drivecs...
  3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

I have an ASUS EAX800XT PE PCI-E. It requires a separate, direct, external connection to the power supply. I got the retail version and a power adapter came with the card since the connector wasn't a standard molex. Other brands might be different. I've seen some that appear to use a molex.

When you say the power is connected, it this what you meant?
  4. MrGaribaldi

I guessed he meant that he'd connected the card to a molex from the psu...

If he hasn't done so, it's a no-brainer what the fault is... ;)
  5. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,377

This card uses a Molex connector. I tried it with the fans and CD drives disconnected and but no go. I guess the card is defective.
  6. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

Are you using one of the molex 'Y' adapters that came with it? On my X800 Pro, the one that came with it was defective. I replaced it with a spare I had and all was well.
  7. vegasgmc

No. I have it straight to the PS.
  8. MrGaribaldi

Sounds very much like a defect yes...

But just for "fun", what happens when you start with no drives attached (just take out the power molex from the drives)... If it's still as dead as a doornail, get an RMA..
  9. vegasgmc

I tried booting up with only the processor fan,hard drive, and video card hooked up but no go. I bought the card on Ebay. The guy is giving me my money back. I think he may have damaged the card when he installed an after market cooler. Thanks guys
  10. Rodex

Rodex TS Rookie Posts: 29

I got a defective card off ebay too, basically the same problem except little tiny white squares were all over my screen when it decides to display without beeping. I had bought a Radeon 9700 Pro 128mb
  11. compguy

compguy TS Rookie Posts: 162

I have a x850 xt and works great.
  12. DaTruth

DaTruth TS Rookie

i have a x800 se I hate it and i bought a gforce 6800 ULTRA!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.