Anyone know how this installs in a computer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, What's Up Doc?....

"EL Neon String is the coolest way to accessorize any vehicle with neon lighting! This innovative neon fiber is completely flexible so you can twist it into any shape. It's safe for indoor and outdoor use and goes anywhere your imagination takes you!"

I reading vehicle here, (as car or truck), not computer. I suppose you could stick it anywhere you have 12 volts DC.

Dr_Seuss said:
i would just like to know if im going to need to do some re-wiring or if it will just simply plug in
since it's designed for a car and not a computer, it will not have a molex plug. in other words it will not simply plug in, you will need to wire it in yourself. assuming it runs on 12V, you will just need to splice into the yellow and black wires on your power supply (an easy way would be to cut off an unused molex connector or floppy connector)

P.S. be sure to post pics after you light up your case with those "EL neon strings" ;)

cheers :wave:

I wonder if I can install this on a friends Invacare electric scooter. I uses 2- 12 volt sealed lead-acid batteries

Ahem......

Aren't they're much better uses for the 12 Volt rails of the power supply than this? Although granted, they're much lower profile.

Mundane But Necessary Chores.....

Dr_Seuss said:
id love to know what you use yours for captain

In a somewhat misguided attempt at bucking fashion, I had considered my 12V rails indispensable for operating the motherboard, fans and graphics card of my computer.

But verily, I'm starting to see the error of my ways.

People put wheel well lights and such on automobiles ostensibly to make themselves more visible to other drivers. Well all righty then.

Accordingly, having case lights could avert a major accident, when a distracted clicker decides to pull out into the path of an oncoming computer.

Next, I'm hoping everyone will join my campaign for task chairs with seat belts, "click it, or ticket", to pinch a well worn phrase. You must always remember, safety first!

And there you have it, a triumphant fusion of automotive and computer technology!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back