TechSpot

Anyone know how to link PS 2 to PC monitor and to use 5.1 speakers?

By Ligar
Dec 5, 2004
  1. Hi all, does anyone know how to link a PS 2 to a PC monitor and also would my Creative 5.1 speakers work with a PS2, if so, is there any specialy connection I need becuase I dont recall seeing 5 holes on my PS 2 to put the speaker jacks in !!!!!

2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,764

You can use a converter to use the PS2 with your monitor. Its about $100 and the picture wont be as good as with the TV. You need an adapter to use your speakers. Some newer speakers come with it. I dont know if you can buy it seperately. Check the PS2 web site.

3. Ligar

Ligar TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 68

Thanks for the info.

I think ill stick with the TV then if it will be better quality!

I'll look into the spaker adapter now, cheers.

Do you know if THIS is what I need to link my 5.1 speakers to my PS 2?

Its only got 3 holes.... how is it possible to link a 5.1 set-up with only 3 holes?

Is it for 2.1 only?

4. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,764

Thats an adapter for hooking up the PS to a stereo system(HiFi). Logitech gives the adapter with their computer speakes but I dont know if anyone sells it seperately. Check Ebay.

5. Ligar

Would a logitech adapter work with Creative 5.1speakers?

6. Moglie

Moglie TS Rookie

Yeah, just different brand. Its like plugging Sony headphones on a Panasonic cd player :approve:

7. Ligar

i couldent find it on ebay. feck!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.