Anyone know of a good programming forum?

By Envergure
Apr 16, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys.

I have innumerable questions about computer programming, and this just doesn't seem like the place to ask them. I haven't had much luck finding a good forum devoted to programming, but someone out there must know pf one!

If it helps, I mostly program in C (about six months' experience) and I'm just starting to learn the Win32 API and OpenGL (if that seem slow, it's because I spend so much time on schoolwork, etc.).

I meant to put a poll here but instead of "preview" I accidentally clicked "post"!
    Which spelling do you prefer: "program" or "programme"?
    I prefer "program"; the latter just seems old-fashioned (but on the other hand, so does "the latter" :D).
  2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Hmm... I belive this is what you're looking for?

Do not get mad if im wrong :D

Has around 215,000 members so it's really populated like this site ( except Techspot is awesome :haha: )
  3. agi_shi

agi_shi TS Rookie Posts: 385 is good.

'Tis very good.
  4. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

I think "programme" is an old English word that's used in the U.K. as a noun to refer the thing thing people in the U.S. would call a "program." According to Wiktionary, however, "programme" is never used as a verb (only as a noun). So people in the U.K. would program a programme, whereas people in the U.S. would program a program.

I'm not sure about most other countries, but I think Canada might still use "program."
  5. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

Speaking for Canada, we use "program." And, "colour," Favourite," "meter OR metre," ...etc
  6. Envergure

Envergure TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 134

Thanks for all your suggestions.
    I came across one on my own when I was researching something else. It's called, and it's remarkably similar to this site; A lot of the icons & stuff are the same.
  7. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,971   +10

Not even close to TechSpot.

And there's Norton 'all over'
  8. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

I believe he just thought that because they use the same forum software that TechSpot uses, so the layout is about the same.

I had thought the same with VBForums because the layout looked the same. I later realized it was just because they use vBulletin, like TS.