Anyone still play "DRIVER" ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve B

Theres nothing better after a hard days work than playing DRIVER with superfast and freight train on.
(Well, I can think of something better... Angelina Jolie is single now isn't she???)

I know it's old, but I love the '70's music, ramming the cops, and getting AIR - SanFrancisco is the best for that.

:grinthumb "The suspect is heading West":grinthumb

Spose all the ppl who played Driver migrated to GTA3 and no GTA:VC which i think lacks the realism Driver had, i loved the car physics in Driver, similar to the "Sabre Turbo" in GTA:VC, you also got a real feeling of Urgency in driver and some of the missions were incredibly hard but rewarded skillfull driving. I dont play it anymore, but great game non-the-less :D

i look forward to Driv3r (Driver 3) hope its as good as the screenshots ive seen, hopefully a grown up alternative to GTA:VC

Some Screenies, looks awesome....

0002191,05.jpeg

0002191,03.jpeg

0002191,02.jpeg

I remember playing the 1st one & besides making my machine feel like it was a 486, I mostly remember it being very hard.

Another thing I didn't like is the fact you couldn't hide from the cops. It's like they had a radar & whenever they would drive close to you, automatically they knew you were there & started chasing you.

I have to admit I prefer the driving missions in GTA3 to those in Driver.;)

DOM, the screenshots look awesome...

I was planning on buying a 9600xt card, but d'ya reckon it'd handle it? My (is anyone looking?:blush: )fx5200 has gotta go.

The rest of my system is good, thats just one thing I haven't upgraded.

Any suggestions - graphics card seem to be pricey in Aust...
:grinthumb

depends what your looking at spending, between £100 to £150 (not sure what that is in Ozzy Dollars) then the best you could get imo is a Radeon 9600 Pro, if your looking at spending between £150 and £250 then a Radeon 9800 Pro, between £300 and £400 then a Radeon 9800 XT, all of these cards would play Driver 3 i would recon, but nobody knows the engine Driv3r will use, if it is a highly demanding engine, then you may need to start looking at the Radeon X800's or the GeForce 6's (here : https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=13083)

I dont think its gonna be out for a few motnhs yet tho, 6 months at least i think.

I would recommend you save and buy one of the new Radeons or a GeForce 6, coz theres a lot of new games coming out (Half Life 2, Doom 3, Far Cry, Driv3r, Battlefield 2 etc) which are gonna be incredibly demanding, saying that tho, with the arrival of these new cars it should push the price of the older cards down, post a thread askin for everyones opinion, dont just ask for my opinion.

Happy Driver'ing :)

Cheers, DOM.

Will it still have the Corny soundtrack....
Maybe some Boney M or something???

:grinthumb the suspect has hit another vehicle :grinthumb

.....in the summer time when the weather is fine, daaaa-da-doo-doo-doo, daaa-di-daa-daa-daa, and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back