Anyone Trained in Virus/Spyware removal and Marriage Counseling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyez07

:knock: I need help again for real. Yall helped me with my other PC, and now my hubby has this one acting crazy. I so need yall's help again and I sure might need some marriage counseling if anyone specializes in both fields here. If he touches my PC again I for real will need some help or he will rather.....lol.....He has my pc doing some messed up things. PoP ups coming up even with the pop up blocker on. My keyboard isn't acting right, not typing letters or words I type. Ran AVG Antispy and Virus, and the TrendMicro Online Scan and deleted what it found, but no Dice....still doing it. PLEASE HELP PLEASE...Oh yeah and if you do know a good marriage counselor I might need that number...:suspiciou :mad: :knock: :blackeye:

Hi,

You are running an outdated version of HijackThis.

You can obtain the latest version from the link in my signature.

You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE

Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

Go to start > run and type services.msc. Press the enter key.
Search for the following services(if there) double click to select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

setup

Open your task manager by pressing holding ctrl, alt and pressing del. Alternatively, use ctrl + shift + esc. Go to the processes tab, and end the following processes, if found:

sstfnttw.dll

After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [setup] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sstfnttw.dll",realset

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present

O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.dmdc.osd.mil
O15 - Trusted Zone: www.theleafchronicle.com

Close HJT.

Navigate in Windows Explorer and delete the following files and folders in bold.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\sstfnttw.dll

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Next, go on to the thread MMdominator posted and follow the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of greeneyez07 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back