Anyone tried the Chameleon Benchmark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperCheetah

I just noticed this test can be done and was wondering if any of you members have tried this out yet? It is supposedly going to become a standard in benchmarking once the GeForce 3's and 4's becoming standard in many computers.

http://www.geforcezone.com/Reviews/Chameleon Mark/cm1.htm

Today we will be looking at "Chameleon Mark" a new benchmarking utility from NVIDIA. The benchmark is based upon the popular "Chameleon" demo released by NVIDIA with the introduction of the GeForce3 line of GPUs. Chameleon Mark is primarily used to measure pixel shader performance for a variety of shaders.

Chameleon Mark" is a great benchmarking utility, It will give your card a good work out, especially at 1600 x 1200 with 4X AA turned on. We found ourselves watching the benchmark over and over again, Its breathtaking! Although its no "3DMark" , it's simple and it does what it was intended to do...measure pixel shading performance.
Chameleon Mark will probably become a standard in benchmarking utilities like Quake 3, 3DMark 2001SE etc. It would be great to see cards tested with the Chameleon Mark benchmark in upcoming reviews.

You must have a GeForce 3 or higher to run this benchmark!!! To bad for me and my poor little GeForce 2 Pro. :(

I'll not be using this "benchmark" as it seems to be BS. It doesn't support Pixel Shaders 1.4.
Pixel Shaders 1.4 is basically a more performance optimized version, which the ATI Radeon 8500 supports.

I'm not going to support some BS by NVIDIA that will show no performance difference between geforce 3/4 cards & ati radeons when it comes to pixel shaders.

The ATI radeon 8500 has better Pixel Shader support as it supports a faster version of it. This is just marketing garbage from NVIDIA.

I agree with you that this is most than likely a marketing scheme from Nvidia to make ATI look bad, but I don't think this benchmark should be meant to compare an ATI vs. a GeForce. I personally like the ATI 8500DV card alot and am thinking of getting one myself for my next card, so in no way am I downing ATI.

I just want to see the differences between GeForce 3 and GeForce 4 card, not the difference compared to an ATI 8500.

And I think that ATI makes a better card than Nvidia, the only thing stopping me from getting that ATI 8500DV is money and I'm waiting to see if their driver support will improve.

BTW did you see before the Radeon 8800 vs. Quadro4 750XGL preview? It shows that although Quadro4 750XGL has a better hardware than Radeon 8800, the ATi crew focused their work more to the drivers. As a result, the CPU work load was reduced and thus, faster performance in a few areas, where Raw CPU power isn't the key to performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back