TechSpot

Anyone with nForce 4 chipset?

By vegasgmc
Jul 4, 2007
  1. If so, can you post your north bridge chipset temp? Mine is running between 196-206* F and thats with a Vantec cooper HSF. Lately Ive been having blue screens and reboots during gaming and I think its because of all that heat.

2. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

[​IMG]
    Idle Temp​

Are you sure your temps are right? That's seems impossibly high(as in if it were that hot, it would probably fry itself).

3. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,377

Thanks. Thats the right temp. The heatsink is so hot i cant keep my finger on it. Ive been researching new HSF's and alot of the reviews have northbridges running up to 210*.

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Mainboard temperature = northbridge temperature?

In that case, my board's northbridge is usually around 45°C, can go up to 65°C under load.

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, passive heatpipe-cooled chipset.

5. Fragrant Coit

Fragrant Coit TS Guru Posts: 363

Have you had a look in the BIOS and seen what it reports there?

According to Everest & PC Wizard, my CPU is about 196 too, but I know it isn't - BIOS says 39 deg C.

Mine is an NForce 4 Ultra, so I think 3rd Parts apps don't report the Temps properly.

6. ashes

ashes TS Rookie

I have a ECS C19A SLI with a constant temp of 40C on the motherboard.
    It goes up a little under load, but never above 45C. Two 120mm fans, one in front and one in back flows air through the case and keeps it cool. It's hard to imagine a board as hot as the readings you are getting. I agree that the bios will give you a more accurate temp reading.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.