Anyone with nForce 4 chipset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasgmc

If so, can you post your north bridge chipset temp? Mine is running between 196-206* F and thats with a Vantec cooper HSF. Lately Ive been having blue screens and reboots during gaming and I think its because of all that heat.

[CENTER]
Idle Temp[/CENTER]

Are you sure your temps are right? That's seems impossibly high(as in if it were that hot, it would probably fry itself).

Thanks. Thats the right temp. The heatsink is so hot i cant keep my finger on it. Ive been researching new HSF's and alot of the reviews have northbridges running up to 210*.

Mainboard temperature = northbridge temperature?

In that case, my board's northbridge is usually around 45°C, can go up to 65°C under load.

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, passive heatpipe-cooled chipset.

Have you had a look in the BIOS and seen what it reports there?

According to Everest & PC Wizard, my CPU is about 196 too, but I know it isn't - BIOS says 39 deg C.

Mine is an NForce 4 Ultra, so I think 3rd Parts apps don't report the Temps properly.

I have a ECS C19A SLI with a constant temp of 40C on the motherboard.
It goes up a little under load, but never above 45C. Two 120mm fans, one in front and one in back flows air through the case and keeps it cool. It's hard to imagine a board as hot as the readings you are getting. I agree that the bios will give you a more accurate temp reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back