Anyone with recommendations for a monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMH

I'm looking for the best 19" LCD monitor that is available. I've only got less than AUD$600 to spend (strictly no overbudget).

At the moment checking a few newspaper ads, I've seen some nice 8ms monitors:
Hyndai L90D+
Phillips 190b6fb,fs
Samsung 193b
Acer AL 1922R

Will look at other monitors, and try to get them if possible.

Oh yeah, they must be 8ms, and if possible, pls give me the link to a review. If you have a monitor and you're recommending it, pls give reasons why.

I'm deathly afraid of ghosting (heh) which is why I'd prefer an 8ms monitor, although I'm aware 12ms monitors may sometime be better.

I've seen the Samsung 913n & it is one fine monitor, one I would certainly recommend over the 193b (especially if you're a gamer).

The only things that could've been added to it is a digital connection (it only has one analog) & it doesn't have a 0-pixel warranty. Other then that it's very good & almost perfect for fast gaming.

I would love the 913N, but it'll blow my budget. In fact, the 913B is within the budget by 1 dollar at the moment (use that as a guide if unsure of conversion rate).

Oddly enough, everywhere here (Belgium) has the 913n cheaper then the 193b. Btw you seem to be getting 913 & 193 confused. ;)

oh yeh :blush: I did get them confused :p

Sorry.

After some initial checking, it still blows the budget by a few dollars, I might be able to find some shops which sells for less than this particular one....

Will keep that in mind, thanks

I went to the Samsung Website, and apparently there isn't alot of difference (in the spec) between the 913n and 913b, but then again, I posted here to be notified of these differences.

The lack of a digital input doesn't concern me too much, although I've read that in some monitors using the digital input gives a much better colour. Not sure how this happens though.

Also, Sansung doesn't mention anything about the dead pixel warranty, just a P/L/backlight warranty, and its 3y/3y/20khour warranty. Will check up on what that means.

What I also noticed was that the 913N uses TFT/PVA technology. I really don't know the difference between this and the TN technology.

But you didn't mention what make you think the 913N is better than the 913B, just that is more suitable to gaming... I'm really interested in knowing why you said you'd recommend the 913N over the 913B even with the lack of digital input.

Searching for 913N on google made me come to the respectable THG review site (IMO of course).

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050215/index.html

From this review, the 913N is apparently the worst monitor of the 3 compared (Hyundai L90D+ which was in the original 4 I looked at, BenQ937S+, and the Samsung 913N).

Again, I'd prefer to hear from someone who's seen it first hand, specs are made for advertising after all....

I decided to put off buying one for 6 months, I'm hoping to get an 8bit monitor instead of the 6bit, and there's not too many out there right now.

Don't see myself going any larger than 19", so I'd like to get as good a monitor I can get.

If you want a truely professional display that graphic artists, animation buffs and designers use, then get an Eizo http://www.eizo.com Here in Europe they have been rated #1 by almost every major PC mag. I bought their FlexScan L565 17" and never regretted it. Customer service is the best I've seen. If anything goes wrong you will have a new monitor the next day. And its included with a 5 year guarantee.

side note: they cost a little more than other displays, but its definitely worth it.

O.o, will take a look into that.

But as I said, will wait for about 6 months.

i don't do too much on the comp, but as someone has said: no point getting a good box, but everything else is crap, your computing experience will still be crap.

If it'll cost a couple of bux (maybe a little more than a couple) more, I won't mind.

Budget would probably change in about 6 months anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back