TechSpot

Anything other than STEAM!

By British_Command
May 31, 2006
  1. I had enough of this damned faulty steam, the firends list doesnt work, i cannot type anything in console without it closing and some on the favourite server addresses are disappearing!

Is there anything else i can use which will look for the same servers and does everything that steam does.

I remember seeing some client's but i cannot remember what they were called...

Thanks for any help!,
    Tom wells-day
    pissed off with steam.

2. paranoid guy

paranoid guy TS Rookie Posts: 459

For the friends list problem, you need to install a small plugin called friends beta, or something like that. There's a link to it in steam somewhere, probably around the friends list. As for
    I don't understand fully. Is that the console in-game you're talking about? If so, that's probably not a steam problem.
    The exact same thing happened to me! I'm still wondering about that, but I think the favourite list is wiped every day or something. That's the one thing that's annoying me too.

3. British_Command

British_Command TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 224

Thanks alot

Thanks man, the in-game console my ping keeps going high for no reason at all around 150 - 180! when it hsould be 10 - 70ish.

so i cant type cl_cmdrate **

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.