Anyway to fix/replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcNatural

Hello, On my motherboard this morning when removing a faulty graphics card, the little white clamp at the end of the pci express slot broke. Is there anyway to replace or fix this? I was thinking of gluing it somehow but the last thing I need is for the glue to melt and cause more problems than it solved. If it involves sending it off to a technician does anyone know the avg cost to replace the white clamp or complete pci express slot? If you need more info on what type of pci-express slot it is it was holding a nvidia7900 gtx OC. I'm hoping I didn't just ruin the whole motherboard.

I don't think that can be fixed. I've never really seen this happen so I don't know for sure but I think u will need a new mobo.

It would be hard to fix it by yourself, & anyway you dont realy need that little clip my PCI-E slot dosn't even have a clip.

hi arcnatural,

the clamp is not necessary for the card to function.

as long as the slot itself is not damaged, then I wouldn't worry about the little clamp. it's just there to keep the card from popping out by itself, but as long as the card's mounting bracket is screwed to the case, then it should stay in just fine (unless for some reason you move your computer around alot)

cheers :wave:

Thanks guys that's what I was hoping to hear. At the moment, since the way the peice was broken (basically the arm of the clamp was snapped off but the base was still attached) enabled me to glue it using a Loctite Extreme Repair glue. It's an all temperature -50F to 400F and can hold 30 gallon aquarium tanks together. Once I get the new graphics card I'll let you know if it holds up. My only worry for the glue is the broken peice had such a small surface area for the glue therefore their might not have been enough to apply. Hopefully the card will come in this week. I'm happy to know if the clamp fails that I don't need it though, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back