Anyway to Overclock this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericcothran

Here are my specs:
Mobo = MSI model# MS-7253
Processor = AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ (Black Edition)
RAM = 2gb (667mhz)
Video Card = 8500gt
PSU = 450watt

I got the 5000+ black edition because I keep reading where I could get it to 3.0ghz. The first PC I built was easy to overclock, but I don't have any options in my BIOS on this mobo. Can I not overclock this board or what can i do?
Thanks in advance!

Nevermind I found it

looks like you can't change the multiplier with the bios (got that from a german site) . Maybe a bios update will change that but not sure. What did you end up finding out for future reference?

mica3speedy said:
looks like you can't change the multiplier with the bios (got that from a german site) . Maybe a bios update will change that but not sure. What did you end up finding out for future reference?

I changed the FSB from 200 to 232 now running at 3.02Ghz

ericcothran said:
I changed the FSB from 200 to 232 now running at 3.02Ghz
I also notice all my temps are in 30 range and goes up to 40 on a decent load (still on stock {the one that came with my ADM 3400+ Sempron} heatsink/fan) , but my video card seems to be the highest at around 50+ degrees. Is that normal? I didn't make any changes to the video card and it was running that high before I even changed processors. Should I place a slot fan under it to cool it down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back