Anyway to Overclock this board?

By ericcothran
Jan 31, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here are my specs:
    Mobo = MSI model# MS-7253
    Processor = AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ (Black Edition)
    RAM = 2gb (667mhz)
    Video Card = 8500gt
    PSU = 450watt

I got the 5000+ black edition because I keep reading where I could get it to 3.0ghz. The first PC I built was easy to overclock, but I don't have any options in my BIOS on this mobo. Can I not overclock this board or what can i do?
    Thanks in advance!

Nevermind I found it
  2. mica3speedy

mica3speedy Newcomer, in training Posts: 205

looks like you can't change the multiplier with the bios (got that from a german site) . Maybe a bios update will change that but not sure. What did you end up finding out for future reference?
  3. ericcothran

ericcothran Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 66

I changed the FSB from 200 to 232 now running at 3.02Ghz
  4. ericcothran

ericcothran Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 66

I also notice all my temps are in 30 range and goes up to 40 on a decent load (still on stock {the one that came with my ADM 3400+ Sempron} heatsink/fan) , but my video card seems to be the highest at around 50+ degrees. Is that normal? I didn't make any changes to the video card and it was running that high before I even changed processors. Should I place a slot fan under it to cool it down?
  5. mica3speedy

mica3speedy Newcomer, in training Posts: 205

I think your video card temps are within a normal range.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.