AOC reveals two new 144Hz FreeSync gaming monitors

midian182

Staff member

aoc 144hz freesync monitor freesync 144hz

Even though an increasing number of monitors are being released with a resolution beyond 1080p, gaming monitor alternatives are also focusing on high refresh rates and GPU/monitor synchronizing technologies. AOC is joining the party and has just revealed two new 144Hz FreeSync gaming monitors.

Both monitors use TN panels and offer AMD Freesync support, allowing for a more fluid gaming experience. The G2460PF is a 24-inch model with a brightness that can reach 350 cd/m², while the 27-inch G2770PF has a maximum luminance of 300 cd/m². Both displays also offer 170-degree horizontal and 160-degree vertical viewing angles, as well as 1-ms gray-to-gray response times.

aoc 144hz freesync monitor freesync 144hz

The removable stands included with the monitors are fully adjustable (tilt, height, swivel and pivot). The ports include; Dual-Link DVI, HDMI, DP 1.2a+ (with Adaptive-Sync), 4 USB ports (2.0/3.0 for 24”/27” model, respectively), 3.5mm headphone jack and 2W stereo speakers. Those wishing to utilize the 144Hz refresh rate can do so using either Dual-Link DVI or the DisplayPort input. FreeSync requires a compatible AMD GPU and can only be used via DisplayPort.

Both monitors are only available from AOC's European website and are set for release on September. Release dates and prices for the US are yet unknown, but in the UK the G2460PF is listed as £229 and the G2770PF at £279. This works out to about $360 and $440 at current exchange rates, respectively - making them cheaper than a lot of FreeSync monitors currently available.

Permalink to story.

I have the AOC 24" G-Sync montior. Looks exactly like the one pictured here except it has green trim instead of red. Very nice monitor. G-sync makes an incredible difference, and I'm sure Freesync will as well. These "Sync" monitors really are a must for experienced gamers.

I have the AOC 24" G-Sync montior. Looks exactly like the one pictured here except it has green trim instead of red. Very nice monitor. G-sync makes an incredible difference, and I'm sure Freesync will as well. These "Sync" monitors really are a must for experienced gamers.
Experienced gamers? How long does one need have to have played games before they get that awesome title bestowed upon them? I've played video games since the 80's and I'm still awaiting that err... certification.
Hopefully if/when the "Experienced Gamers" institution awards me my diploma they'll throw in a Freesync or G-Sync monitor as well because paying that much for a TN monitor is ludicrous when you consider that these monitors should cost about (slightly more) as much as regular monitors in a year or two's time. All that is required is patience.

Experienced gamers? How long does one need have to have played games before they get that awesome title bestowed upon them? I've played video games since the 80's and I'm still awaiting that err... certification.
Hopefully if/when the "Experienced Gamers" institution awards me my diploma they'll throw in a Freesync or G-Sync monitor as well because paying that much for a TN monitor is ludicrous when you consider that these monitors should cost about (slightly more) as much as regular monitors in a year or two's time. All that is required is patience.
I feel for you man. The amount of negativity and cynicism that you carry around with you...

I can't help but chuckle at the selected image on the screen of the monitor. It should have a blurb that reads "Ahhhhhhh..... What a relief" to go with it.

Back