AOC's latest 35-inch ultrawide monitor sports G-Sync and 100 Hz refresh

Scorpus

Staff member

AOC has announced the Agon AG352UCG, a high-end 35-inch ultrawide monitor that brings a range of features gamers are set to enjoy. This is the third 35-inch curved monitor released by AOC in the past year, however it's the first with a resolution of 3440 x 1440 and support for Nvidia's G-Sync technology.

The combination of 3440 x 1440, G-Sync and a 100 Hz refresh rate makes the AG352UCG a direct competitor to Acer's Predator X34. While the X34 includes an IPS display, AOC has gone with an AU Optronics VA panel, although both displays still support 100% sRGB coverage. AOC's display is also more aggressively curved, at 2000R rather than 3800R.

The AG352UCG sports a maximum brightness level of 300 nits, plus a rated contrast ratio of 2500:1, a 4ms response time, and 178-degree viewing angles in both directions. The stand includes height, tilt and swivel adjustments, and the rear of the display features LED lighting that can be customized to one of three colors (red, blue, or green). 

There's a handy array of ports on this monitor, including DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI, a four port USB 3.0 hub, and pair of 3.5mm headphone jacks. AOC even includes a fold-out stand for your headphones, and there's a handle on the stand in case you want to transport this beastly monitor to a LAN party. Oh, and you get a pair of 2W speakers integrated into the body.

You'll be able to purchase the Agon AG352UCG in March for £799. There's no word on US pricing at this stage, however £799 comes out to around $820 after UK tax is removed from the equation. This is a pretty good price for the included specifications, considering Acer's Predator X34 costs £1,000 or $1,250.

Permalink to story.

At least we don't live on a planet with finite resources, phew, dodged a bullet there eh.
WTF does that have to do with a new monitor?
He is practically a troll, don't worry about it!

I have the Acer Predator X34 - yes it is a bit on the obscenely expensive side but I have never seen or used better. The only downside to both these screens is the tramp stamp of a logo at the bottom. I love the headphone mount, I might have to make one for mine.

At least we don't live on a planet with finite resources, phew, dodged a bullet there eh.
WTF does that have to do with a new monitor?

either making a joke on the fact that we all are too broke to afford this, or that manufacturing monitors of this caliber are somehow depleting the Earth's resources... which, if you are concerned about... you are clearly focusing in the wrong area.

"Oh, and you get a pair of 2W speakers integrated into the body"

Why bother, please stop putting stupid little terrible sounding speakers into monitors! Useless! Would rather they put another USB 3.0 or even more LED's, what ever, just no tiny dumb speakers!

"Oh, and you get a pair of 2W speakers integrated into the body"

Why bother, please stop putting stupid little terrible sounding speakers into monitors! Useless! Would rather they put another USB 3.0 or even more LED's, what ever, just no tiny dumb speakers!

Good point, only use those if absolutely desperate! lol

Back