AOL, Earthlink, Microsoft, Yahoo File Anti-Spam Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Four of the country's biggest e-mail and Internet service providers on Wednesday filed lawsuits against hundreds of defendants alleging violations of the new law against mass e-mails known as spam.

Time Warner Inc. unit America Online, EarthLink Inc., Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo! Inc. announced the filing of the suits under the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, which went into effect Jan. 1.

Source: Reuters.

I guess this makes them feel like they are actually doing something to help this problem. Truth is, spam is going to be a problem forever. Its already worse than junkmail in my physical mailbox(I still wonder how some of those morons get away with sending us crap)
diespam.gif

IMO, anyone involved with spam should be beaten to death, revived and beaten to death again.

Originally posted by StormBringer
IMO, anyone involved with spam should be beaten to death, revived and beaten to death again.

I agree, but instead of just beating them to death I would rather torture them for about 12 hours then beat them to death.

It may not help that much with the lawsuits, but if they can find out who some of the largest spammers are and put them in jail for a long time then at least spam would be reduced somewhat.

Besides, we don't need to just let people like that get away with it. There need to be laws. Whether they lower spam to a significant level or not isn't my concern, but putting a foot down is.

Call me somewhat uninformed if you like, but given current levels of technology, I'm sure that there could be a good system for authenticating emails if they really tried.

The thing is, I think the major corporations in some way shape or form acctually make money from spam.

ok, calkl me cynical too then! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back