TechSpot

AOL system info

By BillAllen55
Aug 3, 2008
  1. I use AOL to connect to all type of unnecessary web pages :)
    When attempting to use the AOL System Information part of the program, I receive an error stating that this program has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I did everything I could think of from uninstalling all AOL programs to checking my service.msc-using a registry repair program (Registry Mechanic) and when everything else failed (please don't laugh) I connected with the 'live help' at AOL.
    I don't need to tell you how it went with the Live Help right?
    I am not so concerned about the information that the AOL System Information provides more as to what is causing this error?
    My question is: is there someone that could give me direction as to what more can be attempted to correct this error message?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I am out of ideas.

2. SpiritWind

SpiritWind TS Rookie Posts: 164

Hi Bill :

IF AO(Hell) Tech Support cannot help with their own program, highly unlikely
    anyone else can !? When I used AOL for the 1st 6 months I had my computer, my
    Bridge partner said I should ONLY use AOL to connect to the net; therefore,
    AFTER that, I should use a Web Browser like Internet Explorer to actually go from
    website to website . So I learned early to avoid the AOL Browser, and recommend
    you do likewise . IF possible, seriously investigate using another ISP . The Best
    Site for doing so would be www.freedomlist.com . Other than the "Front Page",
    click on "Forum" and check out the various sub-forums, such as "ISP reviews" .

3. BillAllen55

BillAllen55 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 368

Thank you for your insightful thoughts
    not that it helped my issue, but appreciate your thoughts.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.