Apart from computers... what are u into?

rockybalboa

Do we share any other passions apart from our comps?

Me... I am a massive movie geek, will give anything a watch as long as its not gore. Some of my favourites include Stranger Than Fiction, Rocky, 12 Angry Men, Predator, Amelie, Curly Sue, Anything Else, Good Morning Vietnam, Get Carter, Lock Stock, Murder in the First... to name but a few! :D

I'm also an avid tattoo fan and am slowly buidling up a collection of art work... one of my new years resolutions is to get to the London Tattoo convention...

Apart from that I love taking photos, although I am not necessarily any good at it! Keeps me happy though. Oh and I do enjoy the occasional crafty bits and pieces (stitching + scrapbooking)

Lorna :)

Hmmm, I love computers :haha: ! I spend most of my day on the computer, and I like photography as well. I am part of a studio that mods Counter Strike: Source and Half Life 2, so I do that in my spare time as well. I am your basic computer addict. Oh, and CSS is one of my favorite games as well.

cfitzarl said:
Hmmm, I love computers :haha: ! I spend most of my day on the computer

Yeah me too... sit at it all day in college, come home and suddenly find lots of things I need to do urgently online :lol:

Well I am 36, my first passion is guitar. Been playing since I was 16. I like to draw and sketch, computers, music (listening to Clapton's Chronicles right now) and also playing paintball.

EDIT: Oh yeah....would like to get a tat by Cat Vondee of one of my drawings! ;)

Have you ever been deer hunting? Its kinda like that, only the deer shoot back at you! And they leave welps as well!!! lol..... Its a .68 caliber ball traveling at up to 300 feet per second. It is soooo much fun! You should try it out. Can get pretty expensive though. I have 4 guns myself. Just one of them I have around $1400 US in.

Yeah, paintballing can be quite a rush! Especially when you can mow down people while on the run or lie in wait and let someone get right up on you before you give them a single tap to the face.

Things I do away from computers: Play with my 2 kids, almost any outdoor sport/activity, lift weights and play CS (1.6). I'm slowly getting better at CS and have a great group of folks that I play with.

halo71 said:
EDIT: Oh yeah....would like to get a tat by Cat Vondee of one of my drawings! ;)

Cat is awesome... gutted I couldn't get down to London last year to see her in action. If I win the lottery I am off to LA to let Chris Garver loose on me :D

rockybalboa said:
Cat is awesome... gutted I couldn't get down to London last year to see her in action. If I win the lottery I am off to LA to let Chris Garver loose on me :D

Aren't they in South Florida?!? And please translate "gutted".....same as
p!ssed off??

Things I do away from computers: Play with my 2 kids, almost any outdoor sport/activity, lift weights and play CS (1.6). I'm slowly getting better at CS and have a great group of folks that I play with.

My other hobby is being a "shadetree mechanic." On most non-winter weekends I can be found in the driveway maintaining and repairing cars and trucks for family and friends. There are 16-18 vehicles I regularly work on besides my own. I'm practically an authority on mechanics tools; I own enough of them. :) Three times a year I attend NASCAR stock car races, one in Indianapolis, Indiana and two in Fontana, California.

Although I've cut back in recent years, in the winter I've spent a lot of time skiing. I like to explore new ski areas, large and small. I've been fortunate enough to have skied most of the ski areas in the Western U.S., from Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico and all states west of them. I've also skied some in Alberta and B.C., Canada.

Yup, gutted = pissed off/devastated!

Garvers own studio True Tattoo is in La...

mailpup said:
Although I've cut back in recent years, in the winter I've spent a lot of time skiing.

I am having my very first try at snowboarding next Friday :D can't wait... although I am already envisioning the bruises!

rockybalboa said:
I am having my very first try at snowboarding next Friday can't wait... although I am already envisioning the bruises!
Once you get the hang of it, it's loads of fun! I've always skied but have never snowboarded.

Lol, it must be tough now that you're getting about 1/2 as much sleep :D ...

Geocaching, hiking, and the amature outdoors photography that you can do at the same time. I also like to play sports but now that I'm out of college and don't know too many people my age around here I don't get to do that real often (indoor soccer and racquetball especially).

SNGX, what kind of camera do you use for your photography? Manual...Automatic...Film...Digital(Arggg)?

i am also a tattoo collector, i have 14 of em, 1 of them is a full arm piece, i build motorcycles in my spare time, currently building a 67 triumph chopper, and modding my Motorola cell phone!

Classical music (violinist for 12 years).

Shortwave radio when in school

Radio controlled airplanes (scale versions)

Aircraft history

Camping-Hiking-Fly fishing

rockybalboa said:
Me... I am a massive movie geek, will give anything a watch as long as its not gore. )

round up the usual suspects

here's look'n at you kid

us Texicans like a little vinigar in our greens

blimey; they're all crazy 'cept you and me! sometimes I wonder about you.​
we have a massive video collection! While in San Jose for 20 yrs, we took the
kids to the movies every Friday night; two full length features, cartoon and
news real, free cookies for kids and coffee for us -- ALL FOR $3 each!

cfitzarl - Digital. Canon S3IS, can't justify the equipment expenses involved in SLR (film) or DSLR.

I acually had 2 SLR's (Film, digital SLR's are priced crazily), and they weren't that expensive...a Pentax K1000 and a Konica FS-1...although my Pentax has seen better days, the frame is very bent and the camera can no longer be used. Canon's are very nice camera's if I say so myself. I still like film, and digital can't really surpass the quality of film (low speed films anyway like iso 25).

mailpup said:
Once you get the hang of it, it's loads of fun! I've always skied but have never snowboarded.

I definitely think snowboarding will be easier than skiing... you don't have to worry about your legs going in different directions, LOL... but then I am basing this purely on the fact that I used to sledge standing up when I was younger!

ambivolent said:
i am also a tattoo collector, i have 14 of em, 1 of them is a full arm piece,

I'm about to start on a leg piece! A kind of montage of my favourite movies :D

jobeard said:
round up the usual suspects

here's look'n at you kid

us Texicans like a little vinigar in our greens

The Usual Suspects is an amazing film, one I can just watch again and again and again!​

Back