Apollo 3D Thrill 315 128MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jah711

I have the apollo 3D Thrill 315 128MB video card.
with :
ASRock P4-1.7GHZ Motherboard
20GB HD

I'm trying to play GTA Vice City, but eveytime I try to load the game I get a box saying: "Cannot find 640x480 video mode"
I really need this mode and according to the cards specification it supports this mode. After installing the drivers, the cards diplay mode mode start at 800+. It shows nothing for 640x480. My other card: Geforce2 MX/MX400 32MB works fine with this board. So I assume it's the Apollo card that is the problem. How can I fix this issue? Thanks!

Please post your questions in only one forum, thanks - Phantasm66.

Even if you would finaly succeed in getting that card to work with GTA Vice City, you'd still be better off using your GF2MX card.

This is the type of performance that chip ( SiS 315 ) is capable of -> http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20010618/sis315-05.html

In other words, it's not worth the trouble you're going through just to get it working properly.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay. :wave:

Apollo 315

You were wrong about this card. I got it to work. All I had to do was change the res. in the game. This card has great graphics and speed. It is worth it. This is the best card I have ever seen. Plus the xtra features it has to enhance what you already have. Thnx for you help anyway. I am 100% satisfied. Thnx

I've installed a few of those boards & they were built by some unknown Brand ( cheap one too ). I agree it works better then an onboard VGA but that's about it.

Maybe Appollo tweaked that card a bit & used its potential to the fullest. Anyways glad to hear it works for you.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back