Apollo Imation 500GB 2.5" HDD is not detected in Win 7

Apollo Imation 500GB 2.5" HDD is not detected. Usual fixes not applicable. It can be found in Disk management as Unallocated Or Under Device mgmt as one of the Disk drives. Please help how to retrieve my information.

Thanks in advance.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that since windows is seeing the hard drive, but not it's partitions - that something has messed up the file allocation table on the drive. Hopefully there's not something physically wrong with the drive. Some data recovery software should be able to "see" the data that windows cannot. I use a program called UFS Explorer ( http://www.ufsexplorer.com/index.php ) it works really well for drives that have data, but windows cannot see them. There are other data recovery programs/software out there, UFS Explorer is just what I am familiar with.

Hope this helps, take care!

Thank you for your advise. I shall try it out and hope it works.
I have downloaded "[FONT=Verdana]UFS Explorer Standard Recovery[/FONT]". Please confirm if this is the same which you referred to ?

Thank you very much. I could retrieve my data. Thanks a ton!!
I want another advise - How do I format my Hard drive ? and using which file system ?
if this is possible then I would like to use my same hard drive to put my stuff back into it. Can I accomplish this ?

Back