AppEvent.Evt / Delayed Writer Failed Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

joehorror

Hey Guys! So a few weeks back I was having some major issues with my comp and I figured it was time to start replacing parts in my Dimension 3000. I replaced the 512mb memory for 1GB chips, my 160mb HDD for a 500mb HDD and the stock power supply and CPU fan.

Anyhow, new hardware is in and I'm still getting the same issues. My comp locks up and I get an error notice, Delayed Write Failed. Then I'm forced to either restart the comp or I get a BSOD. I normally get the Delayed Write Failed error when I'm running a program that takes alot of memory.

Help? I'd hate to see this brand new HDD get trashed. I have no idea what could be causing these errors and I don't know where to start.

It was checked (on) and I unchecked (turned it off). Unfortunately after rebooting and running my DVD Decrypter to rip a DVD, the comp crashed again with this info.

Delayed Write Failed

\Device\HarddickVolume1\Windows\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt

This one is going to take a little studying. I know this error happens (although it shouldn't) on external drives. Now I am assuming you are using Windows XP, (correct me if I'm wrong) is the DVD external or are you using an external drive of some sort. Also, you say you're rippinng a DVD which means you're writing to the Hard drive, hopefully it's just a driver for the hard drive. You also say you use a program that takes a lot of memory, what are your system specs and what is your pagefile size?

This one is going to take a little studying. I know this error happens (although it shouldn't) on external drives. Now I am assuming you are using Windows XP, (correct me if I'm wrong) is the DVD external or are you using an external drive of some sort. Also, you say you're rippinng a DVD which means you're writing to the Hard drive, hopefully it's just a driver for the hard drive. You also say you use a program that takes a lot of memory, what are your system specs and what is your pagefile size?
1. Windows XP Pro SP3
2. I was ripping a DVD from my internal DVD burner/drive. I do use an external drive though. I started using it after my comp began crashing and before I swapped out all my hardware.
3. I was ripping the disc to my HDD.

I'll get the full specs for my comp for you shortly. I can tell you that I swapped out my 512MB RAM for 1GB RAM and my WD 160GB HDD for a 500GB HDD.

Okay here are the specs:

Dell Dimension 3000:
2GB RAM
Disk Drive WDC (465 GB, IDE)

I also use an external WD HDD 1TB Elements 20.

Any idea of what I may be able to run to diagnose what might be the cause of this issue? I can't really pinpoint when it started happening (before the new HDD) but it was either during my switch from IE to Firefox (I know that sounds stupid), when I started using USB memory sticks and when I loaded up a Blackberry info management program. I'm still using the mem-sticks and Firefox, I never reinstalled the Blackberry program with this new HDD so I've been able to rule that out.

I'll do a mem test. I also re-enabled caching. The error did indeed happen again as well. The code was:

\Device\HarddiskVolume1\$Mft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back