Apple apologizes for iOS 8.0.1 debacle, recommends downgrade until iOS 8.0.2 arrives

1. A day after it released and then pulled back the iOS 8.0.1 update, Apple has issued an official statement on the fiasco. "We apologize for the great inconvenience experienced by users", the Cupertino-based company said, adding that they are working...

Read more
  2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

It really disappoints me to see Apple in such a state. The iOS 8 update was pretty buggy and now 8.0.1 breaks phones? What is up with their software testing lately? Very disappointed in Apple.
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,093

Wow, downgrade back a version until they can fix it? Having users back out your software because you can't fix it is about as big a problem as you can have in software. Backing out is a last resort.

I know it's important to keep a lid on the latest and greatest so you can have a big reveal and impress everyone but maybe it's not the best idea, Apple. In software testing there's something called User Acceptance Testing; it means letting actual, real users try it out and see what happens. (this is called a Focus Group in product development) Just testing in your secret testing lab under controlled conditions doesn't catch everything. Any decent IT team knows this... why doesn't Apple?
    Jad Chaar likes this.
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Automating the 8.0.2 uninstall would have been a perfect 8.0.3 update.
  5. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Evangelist Posts: 1,079   +331

What do you expect jobs is gone.
  6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Yeah I agree. Apple is definitely going downhill.
  7. Nima304

Nima304 TS Guru Posts: 365   +81

Every time a new major iOS version is released, we always hear about bugs or vulnerabilities in the software. Honestly, can't Apple spend a bit of their massive profits QAing their products?
  8. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Evangelist Posts: 1,079   +331

Why QA your products when your sheepish users will camp out infront of bestbuy for 2 weeks prior to launch.

They will buy it anyways so why spend the money lol.
  9. Nima304

Nima304 TS Guru Posts: 365   +81

That's what's so disappointing about it. You'd think after all of these issues, along with the inherent limitations and overpricing of Apple products, people wouldn't buy them, but there's still a massive line whenever a new iDevice comes out. It's be great if the collective consumer could use a quarter of their brain and vote with their wallets; Apple might actually put out good products with a reasonable price if people didn't buy their ****.
  10. Bill Gates here! All those having problems contact me from a phone booth
    and I'll fix you up!
  11. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,291   +55

My aunt lost most of her games upgrading her ipad. She's russian. I call her aunty spy.
  12. Microsoft may have had their problems, but Apple is just amateur by comparison.

Never buy an Apple product again.