TechSpot

Apple enacts 14-day, no-questions-asked return policy for digital purchases in EU countries

By Shawn Knight
Dec 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has rolled out a 14-day, no-questions-asked refund policy for buyers of digital goods in European Union member countries. Specifically, the policy covers all App Store, iBooks and iTunes purchases with the exception of gift cards once the redemption code...

Read more

2. ETF Soldier

ETF Soldier TS Guru Posts: 377   +81

Steam needs this.

3. SalaSSin

SalaSSin TS Booster Posts: 142   +47

Nice to see the EU can influence companies so as to follow guidelines to protect the customer.

4. They need to extend that to the US Store also!!! I have bought apps that are a total waste of money, and do not do what they claim they do (or even what the demo does in one case) after you purchase it. It would go a very long way to cleaning out the junk! But it's only $1 or $2 or $3, right, so no big deal? Being ripped of is a big deal, even if it is small change, and any company that condones it because it makes them bucks does not deserve the support of their customers IMO.

And before anyone claims I am an Android fan...nope...same exact issues there! But I EXPECT more from Apple.

5. tomkaten

tomkaten TS Addict Posts: 188   +89

What, the EU suckers are the good guys now ? :)

A few (news) days ago they were the *****s that patronized American companies just because they could, and no one saw them capable of doing anything for the people.

6. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Maniac Posts: 817   +231

Even a broken clock is right 2 times a day.