Apple expected to unveil new iPhone, iPad and more at March 21 media event

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Apple on Thursday sent out invites for a press event scheduled to take place on March 21. Most expect Apple to unveil a smaller iPhone, a revised iPad and new bands for the Apple Watch. The tagline of the invitation reads, "Let us loop you in."

The iPhone SE (previously referred to as the iPhone 5se) is said to look like a clone of the iPhone 5s Apple released in 2013 but with faster hardware. Rumors suggest it'll be powered by an A9 SoC alongside an M9 chip and feature an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, Live Photo capabilities, NFC for Apple Pay and the latest Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cellular hardware. It will replace the iPhone 5s as the entry-level model in Apple's smartphone lineup.

If Apple does go with the "SE" moniker, it would be the first iPhone since the original to ship without a number in its name.

The iPad Air 3 – which may be branded as a smaller iPad Pro – will adopt many of the features found on Apple's larger tablet including its four-speaker audio system and a Smart Connector for accessories. Some believe it could become the first iPad to feature a rear LED flash.

Apple is also expected to reveal several new Apple Watch bands. Mac Rumors says existing bands are likely to be offered in new colors and there could even be some new lines announced.

The media event kicks off at 10:00 a.m. PDT from the company's own Town Hall auditorium on its campus in Cupertino, California. The event will be livestreamed over the Internet for those not in attendance.

Permalink to story.

I don't care about brand names one bit, I only buy quality that will last no matter who makes it, and that isn't Apple. I do have a Samsung TV and microwave that are decent.

Good one RD. :) Apple: "Hey folks, look over here at these shinies and forget about us being at odds with the law-keepers of the US." :)

Well ..... I need you ALL to run out and buy one, two, or more ...... those Apple dividend checks have started slacking off and papa needs new shoes!!!!!!

"Hey folks, here is what we could steal from Microsoft recently (smaller ipad pro) and we think you gonna love it"... :):)

Get ready to stand in line for the new iPhone in hope that some ***** will pay to get ahead of you.

Everyone buys Samsung or Apple
What about:

Blackberry
SONY
HTC
and Microsoft?

All are in the game. Tough competition to beat. Who's third? ANyone have a chart of cell phone sales?

I am using Apple iOS so I can't switch now after using it for like 10 years.
But if I was Android, I'd have tons of options.

When the Apple 7 comes out the IPHONE 6 Plus or 6S Plus will come down in price and make it more affordable for me.

Everyone buys Samsung or Apple
What about:

Blackberry
SONY
HTC
and Microsoft?

All are in the game. Tough competition to beat. Who's third? ANyone have a chart of cell phone sales?

I am using Apple iOS so I can't switch now after using it for like 10 years.
But if I was Android, I'd have tons of options.

When the Apple 7 comes out the IPHONE 6 Plus or 6S Plus will come down in price and make it more affordable for me.
http://www.statista.com/statistics/...evice-sales-by-vendor-since-1st-quarter-2008/
Or a Google search

Hell I'm always a generation behind .. so when the 4 came out I was just starting to enjoy my 3 . .the Day Steve Jobs died ( Oct 5th 2011) I got my first 4 . .then the 3 years later the 5 .. well I can now skip 6 and go t0 this smaller sized style ( I.e. 4/5) ....

Back