TechSpot

Apple, Facebook and Google set to expand transparency on government data requests

By Justin Kahn
May 3, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Google, Apple and other big tech companies have been waiting for the US government to give them full permission to publish data requests since last year, and now reports suggest the companies are tired of waiting. The Washington Post reports...

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,173   +243

Yay! Thats it fight the government, first step towards corporation congress xD...Continuum...

3. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,930   +569

Rubbing on them black windows doesn't make them any more transparent :)

It does look like built by people who's got a lot to hide :)

4. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke TS Enthusiast Posts: 319   +83

Reminds me of a TV show I watched about government tapping into an ISP, the representative of the ISP said "I cannot confirm or deny that the activity in question took place" (apparently it is illegal to acknowledge that you have been served a request from the government). Same laws are in place so I don't see how there is any greater transparency.

5. Absolutely laughable! The sad part is that either the journalists who write this propagandist crap actually believe it or they are under threat of losing their jobs if they don't suck up to their paymasters. Try writing about the advancements in free energy and see how 'free' the press is then!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.