Apple fixes a collection of bugs in first iOS 9 update

Scorpus

Staff member

Apple launched iOS 9 last week, and although the upgrade process went relatively smoothly for the majority of people, some bugs have cropped up that Apple has decided to quickly fix through the launch of iOS 9's first update.

iOS 9.0.1 addresses an issue where some people were stuck on the "slide to upgrade" screen, preventing people from upgrading their devices to iOS 9 at all. Another issue, and one that seems to crop up every few iOS updates, resulted in timers and alarms failing to play; again this issue has been fixed in iOS 9.0.1.

In general iOS 9's launch was smoother than iOS 8's launch, but for those people that did run into issues, Apple has uploaded a support document that details how to properly install iOS 9.0.1.

iOS 9 has been Apple's biggest software update yet, with more than 50% of users upgrading to the new operating system within five days of its launch. According to Apple's Phil Schiller, iOS 9 is "on pace to be downloaded by more users than any other software release in Apple’s history."

If you are an iOS user it's probably a good idea to upgrade to iOS 9.0.1 right away to prevent any of the aforementioned issues, especially the alarm issue, from affecting you. The over the air update should already be available across the globe.

Permalink to story.

When ios 9 got out I got a feeling that I was the first one to test it. never had a phone reboot (by touching clock app) before. screen artefacts when if receiving a message during typing, not possible to type into the textbox because audio box over the textbox....

Slide to Upgrade. Oh wait.
How exactly do you upgrade/patch an ipad stuck at this screen? You don't.

Can't use itunes to do it. (Apple's crappy ghetto solution doesn't work if Find My ipad is enabled)
No special button pattern to do a factory reset.
Your f****d.

Last edited:
The bug I hate most in iOS 9 is that now every time I turn off my car and get out, I get a notification on my watch from the phone about traffic status and time to some random location. I don't get this information when I start on a journey, mind you, just when I arrive at my destination, which of course makes it completely useless. I can't figure out how to turn this "feature" off, however.

Back