Apple, Google lead consortium to purchase Kodak's patent portfolio

By Shawn Knight
Aug 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Apple and Google, described by some as bitter rivals in the mobile handset race, have reportedly joined forces in an effort to purchase a patent portfolio being auctioned off by bankrupt Eastman Kodak. Previous reports had pinned Apple and Google……

Read more
  2. Camikazi

Camikazi TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 295   +44

Talk about getting in bed with your enemy, Apple, Samsung and Google?
  3. strangly though getting into bed with your enemies, usually turns out to be the most thrilling bed time fun, than doing it with your allies.
  4. Check your facts - either you have the most direct line to news nobody else has or this is the sloppiest reporting I've seen in a long time. I would find Apple and Google teaming up to buy these patents to be a space-shot.
  5. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

Sounds like a corporate version of the Creative Commons, except you gotta pay to play, there will be trouble if you use the tech while not in the owners' club, and the original owner doesn't like the terms. Which reminds me of something Jack Handey said - ?To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.?

Okay, not the Creative Commons. Never mind.
  6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,266   +218

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.