Apple issues advice on iPhone 3GS overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

For the past few days, users of the new iPhone 3GS have been complaining through various blogs and forums about heat related issues with the device. It’s not clear how severe or widespread the problem really is as Apple has not issued an official comment on the reports. While not admitting to any flaws, however, they have posted advice on keeping the iPhone 3G and 3GS within acceptable operating temperatures. This includes not leaving the phone in the car or exposing it to direct sunlight for extended periods.

Of course, this applies to just about any electronic device, but they also suggest avoid using certain applications for too long. Furthermore, according to reports around the web, the iPhone’s internal and ambient temperatures can spike when performing multiple functions simultaneously. Some examples of this include using the iPhone while it’s charging, using Wi-Fi during phone calls, and accessing data services during phone calls. In the case of the white model, the heat has been enough to cause discoloration.

If you happen to own Apple’s latest and greatest smartphone, let us know your thoughts in the comments. Is the 3GS really that prone to overheating or is this issue getting blown out of proportion?

Permalink to story.

Stupid jerks! Turn off those overheating things then wait a while! Its not OUR fault!

Thats a good sales line... "Hey, we got more apps and BS than anyone else for your smartphone, and the only downside is you might not be able to any of it when you want to!"

If Microsoft did that with the 360's RROD issue, they would be answering to Congress tomorrow. This is another pathetic double standard.

no matter who you are, when you post something online, please do not use S word.

I just graves mines today and I felt it kind of hot and I wasent multytasking it so am guessing that yes Its a deffect on them

iPhone is fine and if some of them have a defect then go and exchange it. With the amount of phones they sold they bound to have a few defective ones.

Yes! My iPhone is overheating too. I thought it was just me holding the phone too much. But it really gets hot. I have black 3gs 32gb. I hope the fix this. Oh, and the battery doesn't seem that much improved. My friends 3g gets better battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back