TechSpot

Apple offers up free content via Apple Store iOS app to drive sales

By Shawn Knight
Aug 2, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple is giving away free content via the Apple Store iOS app as part of an apparent sales push. Starting today, users can download a copy of Color Zen, a puzzle game that normally retails for $0.99, free of charge...

Read more

2. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 357   +57

Wait, isn't this pretty much copying what Amazon does with their appstore? I mean since it came out they have been offering pay apps for free everyday.

3. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

I wouldn't even credit Amazon's app store for giving away a free paid app everyday. This sort of business strategy isn't exactly new. Btw, there is an app called "Free App a Day" for iOS and I believe Android as well where you get a free app sponsored by a company. It's pretty cool and I've gotten some sweet apps for free through this. Apple is merely behind by about 5 years as usual.

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,035   +914

Good game. Thanks Apple.

5. Does anyone else think the iPhone is starting to show its age?
    same old rectangle, pretty boring

come on Apple, bring on some new stuff

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,207   +776

And whats wrong with rectangles? Rectangles have been around since time began and will continue to be around for some time to come. I've never heard of anyone being averse or allergic to rectangles.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.