Apple ordering 26 million iPhone 5 units for 2011?

By Shawn Knight
Aug 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has increased the total order volume for iPhones for the second half of 2011 by nearly 13 percent. It is believed that 26 million of those will be iPhone…

Read the whole story
  2. RH00D

RH00D TechSpot Booster Posts: 387   +97

inb4 iSheep comments
    inb4 iPhone sucks
    inb4 Apple sucks
    inb4 I hate anything related to Apple

But yeah, I'm looking forward to the iPhone 5. I won't buy it, but I'm always interested to see new tech products hit the market. :D
  3. 1977TA

1977TA Newcomer, in training Posts: 90

lmao!

Seriously though that's a butt load of phones.Curious to see if they'll lower the initial price point to combat andriods increasing smartphone market share.
  4. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

Well said RH00D now this comment thread should be locked, nothing else to say :p *kidding* :D
  5. That is about a 2 month supply for Android phones. They are activating 550000 per day.
  6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,426   +281

Guest, that isn't really a comparison that can be made. It would be comparable if there were only 1 model of Android phone.
  7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,471   +300

So I may just be able to get one? FINALLY!
  8. If Apple is ordering 26 million, they probably feel the demand is for about 30 million. They never want to produce enough phones or any other product, so there is always shortages. This is a great marketing maneuver to insure they can keep demand strong for their over priced phone offering. It is amazing that people still fall for this tactic, but there just Apple users and probably do not know any better.
  9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,426   +281

If people still "fall for this tactic" then how is it overpriced? As you said, the demand may be 30 million.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.